• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 Memorial Championship

gcr_russell

* Ace Member *
Who else is going to this? I am registered and have about a 75% chance of being able to go currently. If all works out I will be at the Gentlemans Club Challenge in Vegas a couple weeks prior as well, but the Memorial is one I can not let myself miss again.

If there are other people going I was wondering about cheap places to stay or potentially even other DGCRers that may be close and hospitable?

I'm heading out for the Vegas tournament but can't do both. I was at the memorial last year and you have to go if you can make. You will have a blast and the courses are alot of fun.

If a DGCR member were willing to let me cohabitate a couple days (should I be able to go) I would repay them with free food.

last year you had a free place for sure. I rented a huge condo. Everyone bailed and I had it all to myself.

I'm going again this year but I was invited and given a free place to stay. Everything is already paid for. Must remember not to throw all of my good discs in the water before the tourney starts.

last year you had a free place for sure. I rented a huge condo. Everyone bailed and I had it all to myself.

I'm going again this year but I was invited and given a free place to stay. Everything is already paid for. Must remember not to throw all of my good discs in the water before the tourney starts.

Drats. Im a Chilis manager and plan on using my Comp Card and buying a good deal of food for anyone helping me out. Im hoping I do well enough on the advanced side that I wont be more than a couple years from playing Open.

I know some really good places to eat in Phoenix and probably would have skipped the offer for Chilis. Someone's mom just bought a house an hour away and we are staying there and commuting every day. It's going to be a job.

If a DGCR member were willing to let me cohabitate a couple days (should I be able to go) I would repay them with free food.

I live a bit south (in Casa Grande), but I might be able to help you out. I am 45 minutes to Vista del Camino and about 60-65 minutes to Fountain Hills.

I will not be able to play since I am a teacher and can't take that much time off. I am sure I will watch the pros play on Saturday. At absolute worst, I would be willing to catch a round with you on Saturday or Sunday if you are up for it (at one of these courses or another in the area). PM me if I can help out or if you wanna catch a round.

im in, but I might not go. I'm thinking I rather hit like a dozen Oregon courses instead of the memorial during that time frame. Well see.

I'm playing on the AM side, probably for the last time. I would totally offer up a place to stay, but my condo is pretty small. Feels even more so with my girlfriend, brother, and two dogs living with me.

The house we're staying in is also in Casa Grande. Thanks for posting the times to the courses.

It may take a few minutes longer to each course depending on routes and time of day. I also tend to drive like a bat outta hell.

Speaking of Casa Grande...wish me luck since I have a second meeting today with the parks department for my course proposal. Fingers are crossed so that I done have to drive 45+ minutes everytime I want to play. End thread derail.

Who is playing in the Memorial???!!!

I'm playing on the AM side, probably for the last time.

It is worth noting that I've noticed people playing up way lower than their rating here in AZ more than other places Ive seen. Seen a lot of tourneys where the top intermediate is barely 900 and top advanced is below 950. If we were in California we'd face more regular higher competition.

A buddy who's on the waiting list has a brother in the area. Looks like I'll wait and see how that turns out.

It is worth noting that I've noticed people playing up way lower than their rating here in AZ more than other places Ive seen. Seen a lot of tourneys where the top intermediate is barely 900 and top advanced is below 950. If we were in California we'd face more regular higher competition.

A buddy who's on the waiting list has a brother in the area. Looks like I'll wait and see how that turns out.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. I've been saying for a while that AMS is AZ move up too quickly.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. I've been saying for a while that AMS is AZ move up too quickly.

I agree 100%, but it is an issue pushed by "the powers the be" here in AZ. It can be discouraging if you travel and play the same division you would have played in AZ.

The excitement for this will just keep building up for me the next couple months.. I just can't wait! Starting a putting practice routine and trying to mimic some fountain hills holes at home with artificial OB.

Hey Graham .... doesn't your post up above mean that ITS TIME TO MOVE TO CALI ALREADY..... seriously man... get your butt out here... (Bring the girl too of course)

BTW im playing in the NorCal vs SoCal tourney on the 30th... if you can make it out i could use a caddy :p

Latest posts