• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Discraft Ace Race

The Ace Race is basically Discraft's testing grounds for new molds. A fairway driver would not be a bad choice. Hole placements would just need to be adjusted accordingly.

Does DC have a Leo/River clone?

Cyclones and Stratus are good stable to understable fairways. Glide is probably closest to a Leo just a slightly more rounded edge. Impact is also underrated but a good disc. Like a longer Buzzz SS or Meteor.

so whats gonna happen when i show up and get NO aces? should i feel bad?

Are you serious, or joking?

I have fun at the Ace Race, been to two of them, and have not aced yet. I didn't hit metal at all my first year, and I bounced off the rim last year. So, this year is my year! I don't plan on winning, but a disc IS going in the basket. :)

just wondering if people really show up and rack up aces at these things

At mine, there are around 90 people. I've only seen one ace, out of hundreds of throws witnessed. Aces are few and far between. You can hear the yells, and hear chains sometimes, but people are there just to have a good time, and pick up a couple new discs.

I highly recommend the AR to anyone.

^^^This!
I went to two last year, and I think there were three total aces at one and a couple at the other. Hitting metal is a thrill, and usually determines tiebreakers. Sometimes, there are really fun 'consolation' events, like a chance for the vast majority who don't hit any metal to win something, and even a prize at one event for the person who missed everything THAT round. The Ace Race is a great time! :thmbup:

In the event I played in. There was 46 players, 2 rounds of 18 and a total of 3 aces. Maybe 4.

At mine, there are around 90 people. I've only seen one ace, out of hundreds of throws witnessed. Aces are few and far between. You can hear the yells, and hear chains sometimes, but people are there just to have a good time, and pick up a couple new discs.

I highly recommend the AR to anyone.

The events I've played in were set up really short. It's a lot of fun when there are a ton of aces with a bunch of 100-150' holes. I have 4, 2, 3 and 2 aces in the ace races I played and none of those were winning scores.

I think the event I played. Most were between 175 and 220. There was one or two at 150 or below. I had alot of good park shots for easy putts yet never hit metal. Came awfully close several time and would just miss low or to side of basket

Yessss! Love the Ace Race and the speculation around a new disc/player pack. The only thing I'm gonna do differently this year is not drive 2.5 hours to a course I haven't played before :)

Last year the announced the disc on the 26th of July. Looks like we only have a few more weeks till we hear what the discs will be. 211 events registered so far. I am looking forward to another great Discraft Ace Race.

I've been very good at predicting the type of disc the last couple of years so here's my guess. Take it for what it's worth (very little) since I've never played an Ace Race.

Shallow rim putter slightly stable. Think mini Buzzz in Z and ESP. Not really a clone of the Pure, but something that fits that slot. Good luck to them though, I think an Opto Pure is one of the greatest discs around!

Last edited:

Latest posts