• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Accomplishments and 2016 Goals

2015 accomplishments
-7 aces
-First cone ace
-Only lost two discs (R.I.P. Z Crank and Champion Viking)
-Learned how to throw with finesse after sustaining a shoulder-crippling road bike injury... Probably should've just taken time off to heal, but I have a problem...

2016 goals
-Do better
-Lose zero discs
-Stay healthy
-MAYBE finally convince my old man to finally let me whip up a 9 holer on his acreage. I mean, he has 480 acres... Surely he can spare a few. I have my eyes on a section of the 100 that my dad leased to a gravel company. They strip mined it. Sooooooooooo many elevation changes to be capitalized upon...

Last edited:

Started playing!
4 aces
Placed 4th in first tournament
Threw over 400ft

2016 goals
Get a pdga membership
Play tournaments
Improve form and distance setting sights high. 500ft.
Get my sidearm game up.
Stick to pitch putting.
Practice putting as much as possible.
Have fun!

2015:

Played 8 sanctioned tournaments and won one (rec)
Started with a rating of 797 and finished with an 839, 14 points over my goal target
Improved on getting close/in from just outside the circle to about 70 feet
Started utilizing more discs.

2016 goals

Start developing a forehand
Improve my rating to at least 860
Find more consistency inside the circle
Increase my drive by 25-50 feet
Develop more of a roller
Decrease use of my overhand (which I have been slowly doing over the last few years)
Lose weight
Get my first ace

I know it sounds silly, but by not playing all the time I can focus more on fun. It honestly got to the point where playing just felt like a chore. I could never go just play a round...I was always focused on fixing (well, working on) some shot I screwed up at league or a tournament. It would be one thing if I was setting the world on fire, but my biggest tournament accomplishment this year was two consecutive 3rd place finishes in MA2. Whoop-dee-do.

So playing less means I will be playing when I want to. Not having the obligation in my mind of "I have to go play/putt/do footwork/fieldwork because I have an event coming up."

I want to get back to why I loved disc golf: farting around out in the fresh air with my buddies, never being frustrated, and not wasting thousands of dollars a year on events.

Sorry for the long explanation (I doubt anyone here really gives a **** what I do) but I figured I'd explain myself instead of coming across like some anti-disc golf goon.

I actually understand this

It's cool that DG tournaments exist but I've seen this happen to other guys. They get way too into it, and end up burning out.

LHBH to 400'
LHFH to 300'
RHFH to 300' cold
Putting to 25'
0 course management errors (already failed this one)
Clean up my OHs
Turbos to 30% at 50'
No 3-putts
90% up-and-down from 150'
Find/build/etc. indoor throwing net

.... and maybe have fun. We'll see.

Well, I failed most of my goals for 2015 (I think someone once said "If you can fulfill your dreams, you didn't dream big enough). Although I did make progress on all but the indoor throwing net. My OHs are cleaner. So I got one, and completely failed one. LHBH is around 370-380'. LHFH is probably around 200'. RHFH is probably around 250' cold. I'm a lot better at come-backer putts. And my turbo is coming back around.

2016 goals:
Acquire a practice facility
Use the practice facility

Practicing disc golf is more fun than playing disc golf for me. I'd like to be able to do it any time I'd like; weather, etc. notwithstanding.

Accomplishments;

Got my BH over 400ft(thank you Westside King)
Hit 500 with my 500 a couple times
Improved in the circle putts by 25%
Played 21 new courses(goal was 25, almost made it)
2 aces
Got my rating over 950
Started a revitalization of a local course and hopefully will complete by spring.
Ran 2 tournaments

2016 goals;
Get rating near 1000 if possible
Get a couple more aces
Finish my course project
Design a new course l( have a couple opportunities)
Run 3+ tournaments maybe get one sanctioned this time.
Get my % in the circle over 80%
I'd also love to do a mini tour. I'm to the point where I am hang with most local pros and beat many of them, id really like to play 5-8 open events and see if I can do okay.

2015 Accomplishments
Played Selah Ranch courses
Finally played in the state of Florida (Blue Angels)

2016 Goals
Play IDGC for a 2nd time
Play lots of other new courses
Play more in general

2015 Accomplishments:
Played a personal best 13 sanctioned events.
One "win" in a Pro league Quarter 2.
Competed in first major in 7 years (Selinske)
$260 cash won in MPM.
2-2-1 record at 2015 NCTI.
Aces 6 & 7 plus an object ace at RUG2015.

2016 Goals:
4 more sanctioned events to reach 100.
7 more courses played to reach 100. (plan to reach goal at IDGC)
Finish Top 3 in ECO Points Chase in MPM.
Get rating back up to 950s.
$20 more cash to reach $2,000 for career.
Compete at 2016 NCTI
Improve putting.

Last edited:
My return after shattering my heel. Going from one moment not knowing if I would ever be able to play again at the end of 2014, to playing not quite at my previous height of trying to win MA1, and dropping down to MA2 to be competitive.
Won 2 MA2 Tourneys
Played my 1200th course
Played Bucket List courses Hawk Hollow, Blockhouse, and Lucky/Crazy 8 (plus many more awesome courses that I didn't know I wanted to play)
Beat my personal best by playing 14 new courses in 24 hours.
Completed the back 9/Golden Eagle(while my goal was to carve out the holes and install the baskets next year, I got the baskets installed this year!) for a total of 18 holes (with 3 temp holes available as of now)
Hosted my personal best 35 players in an awesome event at the Bald Eagle Experience

Play my 1300th course and make the push towards 1400.
Play at least 2 of the 3 "local" DGPT events - in Open, for the experience (Majestic, Silver Cup, or Ledgestone)
Host a bigger and better bald eagle experience, more people/more holes/more $$ raised.
Start a new course, get the ball rolling somewhere if not get some holes installed.
Play many more courses on my bucket list..
Maybe be competitive in MA1 or cash in MPO - we'll see where the season takes us.

Last edited:
2015 Accomplishments
Got my first two aces!
Played a few tournaments
Had Fun!
2016 Goals
More Aces!
Consistent FH throws.
Help start local club
Help design/build a new course
Above all enjoy the sport. That's what it's all about for me.

2015 Accomplishments
7 1000+ rated rounds (personal best)
1 PDGA sanctioned ace (my first ever sanctioned event ace)
Winner of Conejo 10 week League (average score of 44 / -10)

2016 Goals
Nothing yet, I need to start thinking about it...

2015 Goals: Another intermediate win. Finish with rating above 925. Transition forehand from serviceable to a strength. Continue to improve footwork and comfort/control from standstill position with backhand. Maintain putter mojo to throw on drives for slow and straight finishes to make pars. Maintain good stamina and focus for entire 4 round tournament. Play in 2015 Am Worlds and finish in upper half of 3rd flight.

Got another win. Rating didn't get any better even though I'm probably playing better (but less frequently). Finished in top 25% or so of every event (excluding Worlds) so never had that catastrophically bad round. Footwork is better. Forehand is marginally better but thumber is improved and becoming a strength. Decision making has improved. Just don't play anywhere near enough to really make any real strides (maybe 2 rounds a week). Played AM Worlds, just missed making 2nd flight during shuffle and then played poorly on back 9 at Timber Ridge (didn't get to practice back 9) dropping me back to finishing right at my rating.

2016 Goals: Another intermediate win. Finish with rating above 925. Learn how to throw forehands with a hyzer release. Build continued confidence in backhand to eliminate those shots that come out weak/early. Improve putting from poor footing/stances.

In 2015 I finally relented to a buddy insisting that I just didn't understand the game I was knocking and that if I "gave it a go" then I was sure to enjoy it. That was June, and now I played a lot in the beginning and not so much recently. I have amassed 14 discs but have about 5/6 favourites. Form is still all over the place and have yet to master more than I currently know, I will probably only ever be a recreational player but my aim (pun intended) is to get better than I am at the moment. I am glad I listened to the folks on here and settled on some discs that were a good fit for me rather than doing "plastic fever" and buying every piece of equipment with no clue how to use it.

In 2016 I plan to get out as often as I can as part of my exercise regimen. Hopefully break the 300 feet barrier and maybe one day get somewhat close to an ace. I am dying to throw the discs I got for Christmas and maybe finish that disc golf cart I started in November, maybe attend a tournament or local league once this year just to see good players in action.

Goals: To end 2016 with a 920+ rating. I think I can do this by just improving my putting.

Goals
- Spend more time with Family
- Meet more Awesome people
- Go to more shows and at least one festival
- Play more guitar
- Putt lights out
- Win the Chains for Wishes back to back years

I believe I got them all done but the festival part.
Had my sister move about 13 hours closer! I did Putt well all year and Brought home another Chains for Wishes Title BLAM Its for the Kids Baby!

- Try to build a better life and career
- Enjoy the Game of Disc Golf again HA
- Play most if not all rounds over my rating
- get to 970ish again
- Get in better Shape (this would probably help everything above)

2015: Started playing in October
Played about 3-4 times a week.
Hit 350ft on drives a few times
Starting to consistently hit 300ft with my Valkyrie
Got under par on a coarse

2016: Play some tournaments
Get better at putting
Hit 300ft with mids/400ft with drivers

Play in the most tournment in a year for me. Check played 15, Hawk Hallow twice.
First cash ever. Check

Have my knee replaced.

Saw the doc in 2012 and he stated I have 3 to 5 years before I will have to get it done. After two more years of basketball I found disc golf. When I first started I had no idea the strain disc golf would place on it. Needless to say I have put off a follow up visit. But when your second round is consitantly 30 to 50 points lower, one can not ignore reality much longer.

Sneak in a tournament or two.

And back to disc golfing before the end of 2016.

2015: Actually got out and played. I bought some discs 3-4 years ago and tossed them around a school yard but that was about it. Never got out onto a course until a couple of months ago.
First below par around.
Hit a basket on a drive.
Got my son out on the course with me.

2016 Goals.
Get out with some experienced players and learn what I'm doing wrong!
Play every week.
Play every week with my son.
Try a local tournament.
Check out a club and maybe join.
Learn to throw forehand

Got to 200 courses played and 100 courses played in SC
Won a non-sanctioned tournament in my hometown of Myrtle Beach, SC

Get to 250 courses played
Get to 25 states played or play in Europe
Play my 100th sanctioned tournament (currently at 97)
Continue to have 35% of my sanctioned tournaments to be played outside of SC
Win in Chester, SC

Latest posts