• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] 2015 Ace Race Disc

I picked up a Roach for a friend, and test threw it a few times before handing it over. Personally I think it's a great disc that is being overlooked because of it's name. It honestly flies somewhere between my two main putters of choice(Proxy and Envy) and feels similar in the hand. If I didn't already have two each of the Axiom putters the Roach would certainly be a contender for a spot in my bag.

I played an ace race last year and won it, scoring my first ever ace in the process! This is a great putter in my opinion. If I wasn't such a fan of Anodes I would probably bag it... I liked the plastic the ace race used, not so sure I'd like the z version as much.

I played an ace race last year and won it, scoring my first ever ace in the process! This is a great putter in my opinion. If I wasn't such a fan of Anodes I would probably bag it... I liked the plastic the ace race used, not so sure I'd like the z version as much.

yep, guess i'll be picking up a soft x and parting ways with my rff wizard.....

Surprised they brought it out in Z first. Different plastic than the Ace Race and a putter mold in premium. Did like it as it was comfortable in the hand and US to stable, better putting putter than driving putter, IMO.

I have not held a Roach are they more of a low profile putter similar to a pure or xd?

Not quite that low pro but not deep dish either. The domey ones feel Aviar ish, and the concave ones feel nice and slim.

Received 2 Pro-D Roaches in the mail yesterday and took them out to our weekly dubs. Was nailing some longer putts than normal; I was surprised by the stability and glide. I think I'm going to kick the Challengers out for a while and see how these do.

I'm looking at the Roach as my main putter, what is the best plastic for one?

The Roach approach has become pretty much my go to upshot disc. I use a puddle top Pro-D and I find it beats up to a certain point quickly at first but then the wear slows down. What I like about it is that it is a very straight approach disc but it does not rely on understability or glide to get the straightness. As a result, it is very easy to range and always seems to sit down right where I want it without gliding way past the basket.

You actually might really like the jawbreaker plastic then. It is a little slick at first, but as it beats in it gets more grippy. However, it doesn't beat in as fast so it will last a little longer. Who knows, you might like it.

I've been wanting to try it out in Jawbreaker. I have Pro-D, Big Z, Glo Z Flx and X Soft. Jawbreaker is needed to complete the collection. The Pro-D is still my favorite but I don't really power it up that much. Just use it for standstill touch shots that are <180 ft but too long for a jump putt.

I just wish they had the Roach stamp on the Jawbreaker. It's my favorite stamp in disc golf hands down.

Yeah, it is a pretty sweet stamp, honestly they kind of went down with the jawbreaker stamp. Wasn't all that exciting haha.

Latest posts