• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Gentlemens Club Challenge

sacnshaft

Bogey Member
im buying a spot then auctioning it off. its going to fill up.

Selling spots is not allowed.

The PDGA Competition Manual clearly outlines that ANY openings in the field of play will be filled on a first come-first serve basis. If you withdraw from the event, the first person on the wait list will get your spot.**

(**Sometimes different divisions have a different amount of spots. For example, if someone pulls out of Pro Masters, the first person on wait list for Pro Masters will get the invite.)

The only way to sell your spot would be to sell it to the first person on the wait list. (If you try to do that, make sure which refund policy the TD is using if you are looking for a refund.)

As a TD of an event that sells out each year, I can tell you that about 10% of the people that sign up in advance will withdraw before the day of the event. 90% of those players will drop out in the weeks leading up to the event. The rest of the players drop out in the days just before the event due to unforeseen medical problems, family and job commitments.

So if you are the first ten on a waitlist, you will likely get in. Now, I know it can be tough to wait list for an event like the Memorial or Worlds. But based on my years of experience, I would buy the plane ticket and make hotel reservations if I was in the top ten on the waitlist (or if I was the top two or three for my division).

im buying a spot then auctioning it off. its going to fill up.

Wait wuuuut? You started a thread about store owners auctioning off rare discs they receive in their orders.

So now, after complaining about another persons completely legitimate business ethics, you want to "scalp" a spot on this tourney?

I hope there are a couple spots left the day after christmas, I plan on signing up for Am weekend if it's still open because I can't make Pro Weekend. I suppose I can handle the bagger comments.

I'm locked in for pro weekend. All full. Should be fun even though I'm making the trip alone

I am playing the am weekend. It helps I live here and get the chance to play the course often. At the same time my game is always a little different during a tournament. I hope I don't choke.

Playing Am weekend for my first Am event in a few years. Well, playing as long as I can get in as the first on the waitlist. Im crossing my fingers, I'm looking forward to being competitive in a tournament for the first time in quite a while.

The am course is mostly the regular course layout with a few added and doubled up holes. I don't think there is any good video of the regular course being played. Last year's gcc pro video has some of the same holes and should give you a feel for the course.

Pretty tough finish with 23, 25, 26, and 27. I'm really looking forward to getting out there and seeing what I can do at Sunset again. I've since added a pretty decent roller to my game and there are a lot of good opportunities out there. 3,4, and 25 in particular. It will be a great weekend.

The am course is mostly the regular course layout with a few added and doubled up holes. I don't think there is any good video of the regular course being played. Last year's gcc pro video has some of the same holes and should give you a feel for the course.

Thanks, it just seems like the video of past years MPO, the course seemed WAAAAY longer. I was just wondering if there was some footage of the course with short pin locations.

Thanks, it just seems like the video of past years MPO, the course seemed WAAAAY longer. I was just wondering if there was some footage of the course with short pin locations.

There are a few of the same holes but more or less the Ams are playing 27 holes in the same space that the Pros played 18. The average hole length will be that much shorter with a lot more reachable birdie opportunities for people without monster distance.

Latest posts