• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Gentlemens Club Challenge

He is clearly an excellent athlete with a lot of sports experience and drive. He knows how to practice. His BH, FH, overhand (remember hole 2 at DeLa?), and roller game are all exceptional. But his putting is what truly creates the separation.

Please prove this. I play against people that I know for 100% fact practice more than me but I beat them. I also get beat by guys that pick up a disc once a week

That's fine but maybe the people who practice more than you aren't very great with shot selection as much as you, compared to the same guys that beat you who pick them up once a week... Comes down to a mind set, when you see the guys the guys that practice more than you, you know you are going to have to step it up or they will beat you (subconsciously) then the guys that pick them up once a week you think well I've played more than them this week so yea I'll be fine. All sports are mental, you just gotta push past it and tell yourself you are going to beat everyone on the course and actually believe it. It is all a mind set and whatever McBeth is telling himself, whatever is mind set/drive is during tournaments; it is clearly working. Go ahead, go see how many top 5 finishes McBeth had in 2014, including the Aussie Open. After doing so I will wait for your reply, go on I'll wait.

If McBeth didn't lift/push/pull 2,000,000+ lbs this offseason, then he wasn't working the hardest.

There is very little to no correlation between lifting and being good at golf.
images

You can lift weights and also be a great librarian. No correlation. Disc golf is more stamina and technique. Maybe Jenkins should put down the weights and work on his short game.

If there's no correlation, then why does McBeth lift weights?

Probably about as much as meditation. These both play into maintaining or improving a player's health and well being regardless of their sport.

If there's no correlation, then why does McBeth lift weights?

McBeth used to play other competitive sports and has lifted weights for those sports he previously played. He is all about being at the top of his game and using anything he can to excel. Weight lifting takes a lot of discipline so I wouldn't say weight lifting is a direct correlation but rather he already has that discipline and drive instilled in him and his game reflects that.

As someone who has been lifting weights on and off for a long time, I can tell you that throwing long drives is a whole lot easier and more controllable when I'm actively training vs when I am not. I also dont fatigue nearly as quickly, and am able to think more clearly due to the lack of fatigue.

As someone who has been lifting weights on and off for a long time, I can tell you that throwing long drives is a whole lot easier and more controllable when I'm actively training vs when I am not. I also dont fatigue nearly as quickly, and am able to think more clearly due to the lack of fatigue.

Being in shape is important, increasing your bench is not. Look at shusterick. I'm assuming he's never picked up a weight in his life.