• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Gentlemens Club Challenge

I dont get the same benefits when I am just in jogging shape. Throwing long drives with increased control, specifically.
Proper lifting increases ones explosive power. Especially true with Olympic lifts.

Lifting doesn't make a golfer good. It makes them better than they were before. Just because Will is successful without it, doesnt mean he cant be better with it. Maybe he could challenge Paul.

Lifting doesn't make a golfer good. It makes them better than they were before. Just because Will is successful without it, doesnt mean he cant be better with it. Maybe he could challenge Paul.

Long drive accuracy isn't Will's problem imo. Now if power lifting can help with those pesky 25 foot putts you may have something.

You can lift weights and also be a great librarian. No correlation. Disc golf is more stamina and technique. Maybe Jenkins should put down the weights and work on his wooded fairway game.

FTFY

His last win was when, exactly? I'm too lazy to look.

If weight lifting makes you so good at disc golf how come I'm not a world champion?

I can outlift (and, likely, out yoga) anyone on these forums but I guarentee I will lose to every single one of you in disc golf. Without exception. There's so much more that goes into it.

Is there such a thing as competitive yoga?

Yep. I had a girlfriend who was into that. From what I understand it's judged (like figure skating, dancing, and cheer leading among others).

Also had a friend who went to hiking competitions -- that surprised me.

Teemkey is correct. I did one in Korea (didn't win) but you set up a routine and there are compulsory poses you have to achieve and whatnot.

I was more being snippy. Fact is, I'm big, strong, decently fast and flexible and I can't play disc golf worth a damn, as my spicy 852 rating indicates. Yeehaw, lowest rating on DGCR!

We can't believe you unless we have vids. MikeC provides vids ... of disc golf and weight lifting.

Sarcasm? Andy has provided plenty of disc golf vids, and he's obviously quite strong. (Although the actual amount he can lift has not been shown, IIRC)

Just my opinion now, but: Wanting to lift things just to see if one can lift them (without blowing a nut, that is) is crazy enough, but wanting to watch people wanting to lift things just to see if they can is really just too much.

The right kind of lifting would definitely help your disc golf game. A stronger core and more explosive muscles added to good technique would make for a better player

We can't believe you unless we have vids. MikeC provides vids ... of disc golf and weight lifting.

So you want me, in my already limited free time, to bring someone with me to the gym every day for a week,film my workouts then put it out so that I can prove to one guy on the internet that I am stronger than Mike Cook, who, to my knowledge, not only doesn't give two ****s who I am bujt if he did certainly wouldn't care how much weight I can lift since he can throw a putter farther than I can throw a driver while also easily making putts from my lay up distance?

Yeah, I'll get right on that.

Enough of this crap.
Anyway, can anyone confirm if there was someone filming this? I watched the Smashbpxx coverage of what was going down at Vista yesterday. Sounds likes GCC was a better competition...

People here actually believe that lifting won't improve performance of the (semi-) athletic sport of disc golf......amazing.