• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 Konopiste Open

Question--anyone know if this course is permanent, or just temporary for this event? I will be out that way in July and would love to play it!

Question--anyone know if this course is permanent, or just temporary for this event? I will be out that way in July and would love to play it!

I believe it is a temporary course. Last year there were temp baskets used for the event.

It ws a temp course in 2015 when i last played the event. I heared rumors though that it is permanent now, but I have no idea honestly.

It ws a temp course in 2015 when i last played the event. I heared rumors though that it is permanent now, but I have no idea honestly.

ah I see; it hasn't popped up on the DGCR map or on Disc Golf Scene that I've been able to find. Perhaps someone from the Czech Republic on here can give us some firsthand knowledge as to its permanence.

The Franz Ferdinand layout is definitely temporary, but I don't know if there's a permanent course these days.

Simon. Eagle, Paul and Seppo are the feature card.

Very excited for the coverage to come out of this event. I wonder how they do the sexy-beast commentary if Jerm isn't travelling there? I'd be fine with sexy-simon commentary as well!

I always wonder how commenting for next day videos impacts a player's tournament. I get that the guys that do this are committed to "growing the sport" or attracting more views/media attention... but spending 1-2 hours (or more?) to do commentary during a tournament doesn't seem like the best decision for these guys. I wonder how long they'll keep doing it, as it doesn't seem all that sustainable.

They still discussed it as being temp last year. Given the setting, I'd be amazed and pleased if they did !and it permanent.

I always wonder how commenting for next day videos impacts a player's tournament. I get that the guys that do this are committed to "growing the sport" or attracting more views/media attention... but spending 1-2 hours (or more?) to do commentary during a tournament doesn't seem like the best decision for these guys. I wonder how long they'll keep doing it, as it doesn't seem all that sustainable.

Maybe if they had an 8AM tee time or were playing multiple rounds the next day? The guys in question are always near the top, putting them in the later tee time slots, meaning they have plenty of time to sleep in and get their practice in prior to their round starting, AFAIK.

Watching several of the various Vlog's out there, they go bowling / check out the town at night (seen several out past 10pm). Trading a little nightlife to do commentary instead seems pretty worthwhile, and that's assuming they don't already have time for both (I'm of the opinion they do).

We've started to shift to adding the commentary the following morning. Most of the time the crew is working until at least 2am, oftentimes longer, to get the cut together. As someone pointed out, most of the pros we use aren't teeing until noon at the earliest, and usually it's closer to 2pm.

At USDGC last year Jonathan would slip the cut under the door late at night while the commentary crew is asleep. That way they could sleep in, I'd get up earlier and handle recording, editing, and polishing the audio up. When we have guests we usually ask them to reserve 9am-1030am for us. When they wake up we finish the final output and upload - then grab lunch - then start shooting the next round.

Similar situation at GCC, except Ian loves doing the commentary AND the editing...so he refuses to sleep! ;)

It's a hectic life, but I don't think any of us would trade it. If we didn't love what we do, we'd burn out.

Last edited:
We've started to shift to adding the commentary the following morning. Most of the time the crew is working until at least 2am, oftentimes longer, to get the cut together. As someone pointed out, most of the pros we use aren't teeing until noon at the earliest, and usually it's closer to 2pm.

At USDGC last year Jonathan would slip the cut under the door late at night while the commentary crew is asleep. That way they could sleep in, I'd get up earlier and handle recording, editing, and polishing the audio up. When we have guests we usually ask them to reserve 9am-1030am for us. When they wake up we finish the final output and upload - then grab lunch - then start shooting the next round.

Similar situation at GCC, except Ian loves doing the commentary AND the editing...so he refuses to sleep! ;)

It's a hectic life, but I don't think any of us would trade it. If we didn't love what we do, we'd burn out.

Awesome work, thank you!

Latest posts