• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 Memorial Championship

So this year Steve Dodge asked that I NOT do SmashCutts for the general public. BUT... I am going to be doing them for our Patreon supporters at any level. (patreon.com/smashboxxtv). And they should usually be up about 2 hours after a round. This one was up about 9:30 last night or so.

I am going to post this unlisted one to give everyone a feeling of how I plan on doing them this year.
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=aHDLBY4IgVU

Straight DG. No commentary. Pure as the driven snow. All 18 holes right away.
Hope you enjoy.

Probably a good call. One thing I'd say with seeing DG production pushing more adds (understandably so) is that the adds themselves drag down the production quality. I can't help but cringe at the Dub Step Discraft add that looks like a high school project compared to Jomez production. Also, Steve Dodge rambling on recapping his podcast was pretty hard to watch. Love the dude, but he's a goof. I guess this ties into how poor most DG companies are at the design end of things.

In terms of any basket - some good putts don't stick, some bad putts do. We just always remember and call out the good ones that don't stick because they cost a stroke.

Maybe, maybe not. I just don't understand what there is to complain about in the first place. Spit outs happen. That's life. Sporting equipment isn't perfect, never has been never will be. Probably every sport there is equipment deficiencies exist and affect the respective game.

While I agree with the statement that equipment deficiencies exist in every sport, I've considered them all and our sport is the only one where that deficiency is in the target that is the essence of scoring in the sport. Football goalposts, basketball rim/nets, hockey goals, soccer goals, etc, they are all perfect. They don't allow a shot/kick that hits dead center middle to be no good. But that can happen in our sport. To me that is one of the things that proves our sport is still in its early stages of its development. I contend there has to be a movement at some point and time to correct that flaw in our target. And I believe it can be done without changing the dimensions or costing megabucks. We just need the motivation in our sport in general to get past the 'S........happens' mentality, and allow a designer to make a difference.

That S is for "spit-outs" you dirty minds!

While I agree with the statement that equipment deficiencies exist in every sport, I've considered them all and our sport is the only one where that deficiency is in the target that is the essence of scoring in the sport. Football goalposts, basketball rim/nets, hockey goals, soccer goals, etc, they are all perfect. They don't allow a shot/kick that hits dead center middle to be no good. But that can happen in our sport. To me that is one of the things that proves our sport is still in its early stages of its development. I contend there has to be a movement at some point and time to correct that flaw in our target. And I believe it can be done without changing the dimensions or costing megabucks. We just need the motivation in our sport in general to get past the 'S........happens' mentality, and allow a designer to make a difference.

That S is for "spit-outs" you dirty minds!

Oh yeah but my original point is I think it is a little silly for Jomez to call out one brand and not another when really they all suffer the same problem.

The footfault discussion is probably dead, but I just saw the replay:
https://youtu.be/tRe4drECR6M?t=2h23m5s

Ricky must have known he faulted. He had to take a step forward and still reach out for his marker which was still more than a foot away. Shame he didn't own up to it.

As much as Nikko drives me nuts with his shennanagans everything I see here indicates Nikko was in the right. Shame no one on the card had the wherewithal to back him up.

Oh yeah but my original point is I think it is a little silly for Jomez to call out one brand and not another when really they all suffer the same problem.

Good grief, dude.
Jomez isn't policing the commentary.
They didn't even rag on the damn basket. They're explaining where the X catches better and worse, which is well known at this point.

I don't really understand why you're fixated on this and selectively hearing things.

Listening only to the obsequious is not the best path to improving one's craft. Are you a politician by any chance? Trump administration?

Araytx is a good guy that loves disc golf. He's been involved with the design and construction of a very good course. I don't think he's a politician, but he has strong opinions and doesn't hesitate to express them. He's a good man and I respect him.

That said, I'm a big time free speech guy. Let us all know how you feel.

Latest posts