• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 Steady Ed HOF Classic PDGA NT

CCDG vids were sponsored by MVP... Leave the rampant unsubstantiated claims to Casey...

Well, it is my opinion based upon circumstances, but I don't see anything "rampant" about it.

Is it OK with you if I bump this thread when the official announcement is made?:)

Well, it is my opinion based upon circumstances, but I don't see anything "rampant" about it.

Is it OK with you if I bump this thread when the official announcement is made?:)

Actually, I was referring to your diatribe about Cory's supposed Innova bias. KJ might very well join Innova but I seriously doubt that him doing commentary has a damn thing to do with it. Him throwing Destroyers as his distance driver probably would be the main clue...;)

Actually, I was referring to your diatribe about Cory's supposed Innova bias. KJ might very well join Innova but I seriously doubt that him doing commentary has a damn thing to do with it. Him throwing Destroyers as his distance driver probably would be the main clue...;)

You consider my comments about Cory a "diatribe"? Do you even know what the word means?

Your laugh for the day. Round 2, B9, hole 10, Jomez coverage, McCray is picking his disc out of the basket and in the background, McBeth is sprinting towards the bathroom. I kid you not.

CCDG vids were sponsored by MVP... Leave the rampant unsubstantiated claims to Casey...

Speaking of Casey, I am going to make the hot take prediction that Kevin Jones will soon be rocking the Shark3 ... or the Impact, if he goes to Discraft. :D

Just kidding. There's only one person that is cool enough to be throwing both of those molds.

Check out McCray's putt round 2 hole 7. You won't even need to slow it down to see the fault. I wonder if someone whispered something to him about it, because he was very disciplined after. Even doing one step run-ups.

McBeth said in a podcast or interview somewhere he was having an issue with Innova's backpack. Tried out the old school bag and found it light, comfortable, and easy to get discs out of..

Not suprizing If McBeth used the Hero Pack, a cousin has an original model with the crappy bottle holders and it is failing after a year of average 1-2 times a week use though the newer Hero Packs might be a tad better. If McBeth uses the Superhero Pack I am surprised that those bags fail, they are much better built then the Hero model.

Now with the injury that McBeth has had this year, I can see why he might have gotten a older disc golf bag as they are lighter setup if using the big Competition Bag not the Discarrier Bag then the Superhero Pack when empty, and more durable then the Hero Pack. The Hero Pack would be lighter but the bag is kind of week to make up for the backpack being lighter for the amount of discs it can hold.

New holes seem a bit overboard to me. #3 is Ridiculous, where is the Fairway? #4 is playable, but requires a 400ft, touch, OVERSTABLE shot? #5 is a Blue Ribbon Pines rip off. Sorry to say it that way, but I don't know how else to put it.

New holes seem a bit overboard to me. #3 is Ridiculous, where is the Fairway? #4 is playable, but requires a 400ft, touch, OVERSTABLE shot? #5 is a Blue Ribbon Pines rip off. Sorry to say it that way, but I don't know how else to put it.

New holes are still new. Gotta give them time to break in. Besides, seeing them on video probably doesn't do them justice.

The course is supposed to be difficult and challenging for these players. The holes they replaced certainly were not that. They were dumpy little 200 footers crammed into way too tight of a space. The best of that course was always the original front nine. The new holes definitely blended into the style of those holes in a way that "Turkey Gulch" didn't.

Pros have had their chance to provide adjusting feedback on the new holes and hopefully, the guys in charge will make adjustments (or not) based on their goals for the course.
The next question in my head would be to check on MrWest's charts to see which ones were good score separators (fair and challenging) and which were biased toward randomness.
Queue SteveWest...

Prodiscus only has 12 molds total, so it's not hard to expect some gaps. Innova has 40 molds of midranges alone. But you're right, it's not a good look for the sponsor, and one of the downfalls of allowing a mixed bag from a marketing perspective.

Cory Murrell will pick up on any Innova product in someones bag. That's where his true brand loyalty lies. Then he'll claim to not know much about the rest of the players bag. Note to manufacturers... send Cory a little something for the effort to help improve his memory and get your product mentioned.

Sorry, I should have fixed the quote. I meant McBeth opting out of using INNOVAs bag. :doh:

Ps. its cue, not queue in the context of paging Steve West :) I mean this in the friendliest of ways. I am sure not 100% for English either.

Latest posts