• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 United States Disc Golf Championship Oct 2-5

Eagle broke his hand with that punch to the ground yesterday (maybe a boxer's fracture) but will tee off for the final round despite of it.

Barry broke his wrist the same way many years ago didn't he?

Sucks too because Eagle has been a fun to watch over the last couple years IMO. He had one great chance at a USDGC title wiped out by a hurricane when Big Jerm won, and per his blog he has worked extremely hard on improving his mental game.

Yeah, I know...a 47 yr old watching some whipper-snappers vlog might be weird but his game, the whole backstory and his adventures in veganism are pretty entertaining. I make it a point each year to follow along at least one of his rounds in person at the Nick Hyde too. Just seems like a really good 'kid' who will have a lot of success.

Discmania's Facebook page posted about it.

Confirmed, it's on Discmania's official Facebook page.

Thanks, Im not on facebook anymore. Eagle really needs to get his emotions under control. Slightly fortunate that the season is almost over and has a lot of time to recover but this is going to cost him thousands of dollars.

If he can physically still throw, it might not be a given he will lose. Some of the best rounds of golf/disc golf and my best series ever bowling came when I had an injury. Bowled my first 700 and highest ever series on an ankle twisted so bad I could barely stand on it. Threw my highest rated round with a broken toe on my plant foot...

Sometimes, the pain has a way of focusing you to the task at hand...

Paul McBeth +7 this round thru H11, +11 for the tournament. Tied for 70th atm. Have you heard any interviews with McBeth or seen him post anything since his disastrous R1?

Somebody took a pic of DaveD while he was looking at udisc…

meme_excellent.jpg

To see Eagle throw OB "on purpose" on hole 3 is just odd. .Drop Zone is so good that it´s ok o throw OB. .is that good hole design?

But it's so far that it's not readily doable just like that. And on 2nd shot it doesn't help that much.

Not saying it's a good hole tho. Made me laugh when the guy was gushing about "it's like throwing from the open into the woods"... THERE ARE ALL OF 2 TREES DUDE

Previous rounds the quality of the stream was good, but weather is really messing up the signal it seems. I don't remember seeing weather affecting Smashboxx stream, I guess Fulcrum is using different kind of equipment?

the weather turned to the worse. . and the live broadcast got really bad

Previous rounds the quality of the stream was good, but weather is really messing up the signal it seems. I don't remember seeing weather affecting Smashboxx stream, I guess Fulcrum is using different kind of equipment?

I think Smashboxx cameras all had "their own streamer" but the live today have all the cameras sending the stream to a bus and the live stream goes from there

So if one of Smashboxx cameras lost the stream they could change to another one.

If the stream from the bus goes down the streams just dies

I'm not surprised to see James Conrad doing so well. But the rest of the leaderboard looks like someone just drew names out of a hat. Have the changes to the course introduced a lot of randomness or is it just what it is?

To see Eagle throw OB "on purpose" on hole 3 is just odd. .Drop Zone is so good that it´s ok o throw OB. .is that good hole design?

It's a horrible hole design. That double mando is a putt-putt gimmicky joke.

Whoever designed that hole really screwed it up. :thmbdown:

Sometimes things just get overlooked. Like the first year they had the event in Jonesboro when Simon was taking that crazy line over the fairway of another hole. They put up a mando to stop it between rounds...

True, but in fairness: Simon was throwing over the fairway of another hole, so the mando was put in for safety reasons.

There is just NO excuse for that hole #3 this year...

Latest posts