• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2021 PDGA Worlds Prediction(s)

Way to go "out on a limb" The four 1050+ players on the mens side (4 of the top 5) and 4 of the top 6 [not counting Europeans] on the women's side.

Like chalk???

May not be out on a limb, but betting against Ricky/Paul right now seems rather foolish.

Calvin in the 3 spot, then it opens up a bit.

May not be out on a limb, but betting against Ricky/Paul right now seems rather foolish.

Calvin in the 3 spot, then it opens up a bit.

ah. no it doesn't "open up a bit". Eagle is the #4 rated player at 1050,

1. Calvin
2. Ricky
3. Paul

1. Paige
2. Catrina
3. Everyone else (10 strokes back)

ah. no it doesn't "open up a bit". Eagle is the #4 rated player at 1050,

Well aware. By open up I'm saying Dickerson and maybe a few others are playing as well as Eagle.

But if ratings are all that matters we can just hand over the trophy to Ricky?

Well aware. By open up I'm saying Dickerson and maybe a few others are playing as well as Eagle.

But if ratings are all that matters we can just hand over the trophy to Ricky?

Please allow me to go back to my original meaning. What I said was "PICKING THE TOP 4 PLAYERS IN THE WORLD" to finish 1 through 4 isn't much of a "prediction." It's following the chalk.

Ricky-Paul-Vinnie-Eagle-Dickerson are all within a stroke of each other based on where they are rated. If, he were to say, however, "I've got "Ricky and Paul at the top but don't expect Vinnie, Eagle & Dickerson to make the top 5, well, then THAT would be a "prediction" that's not chalk.

Ricky or Calvin. I don't think Dickerson has even been relevant this year. People put too much merit into the ratings. If they were realistic, then there would be more gap between the actual top 3-5 players and the rest. I think if you're rated 1010 to 1050 then you always have a "chance," but not a very good one if the top 3-5 are playing. Just my opinion of course.

Ricky, Paul, Calvin

Last edited:
Ricky or Calvin. I don't think Dickerson has even been relevant this year. People put too much merit into the ratings. If they were realistic, then there would be more gap between the actual top 3-5 players and the rest. I think if you're rated 1010 to 1050 then you always have a "chance," but not a very good one if the top 3-5 are playing. Just my opinion of course.

Ricky, Paul, Calvin

Chris just beat Paul at huk central last weekend, and in Paul's pre otb interview he said it was a tougher tournament than goat hill specifically because he had another top player in Chris pushing him.

Call me crazy, but in a thread asking for predictions about worlds, I would expect most people to predict that the top players would be the favorites. It's not a bold sexy pick, the bookies aren't giving you good odds, but it is the more likely outcome.

It's not like any of those players have holes in their games that might be exposed by a particular course or hole, or have just changed bags, etc.

If, say, James Conrad was up there in rankings you could maybe doc him for those points, but not the current top ranks. I guess maybe Vinnie, since he leans on the backhand a little more, but it's not like he doesn't have a forehand.

Sometimes, when making "predictions" don't we have to "eat the chalk"?

I play a lot of DFS....and sometimes on there you know one or two players, or a certain stack, are going to be super widely owned. The "chalk" plays, if you will. But sometimes, it pays to "eat the chalk" and play them anyways.

Post #1: The best players have the best chance to win

All other posts: Yup, can't debate that.

Makes for a boring thread. ;) :)

Post #1: The best players have the best chance to win

All other posts: Yup, can't debate that.

Makes for a boring thread. ;) :)

Granted, a #1 seed always "has the best chance to win." That doesn't necessarily lead to that's who you predict WILL WIN. People play March Madness pools, NFL playoff pools, etc., all the time and don't predict the #1 Seed to win.

Yes it would be bolder and sexier. And yes, it would make a more interesting thread.

Granted, a #1 seed always "has the best chance to win." That doesn't necessarily lead to that's who you predict WILL WIN. People play March Madness pools, NFL playoff pools, etc., all the time and don't predict the #1 Seed to win.

Yes it would be bolder and sexier. And yes, it would make a more interesting thread.

I see nothing wrong with predicting and acknowledging that the best players have the best chance of winning. But there are many times it doesn't turn out that way.

I just saw a 10 minute piece about John Daly winning the PDGA. He was the last sub and got the call at 2AM that he was teeing off the next day. No one knew him and he won.

Great story, I had just started watching golf when it happened and loved it all. What it shows is anything can happen. Another Barsby or "new Paige" is always possible and great stories.

I see nothing wrong with predicting and acknowledging that the best players have the best chance of winning. But there are many times it doesn't turn out that way.

I just saw a 10 minute piece about John Daly winning the PDGA. He was the last sub and got the call at 2AM that he was teeing off the next day. No one knew him and he won.

Great story, I had just started watching golf when it happened and loved it all. What it shows is anything can happen. Another Barsby or "new Paige" is always possible and great stories.

Fyi, we've started calling her "mama Paige" for those who need to differentiate.

After watching a lot of tournaments of YouTube I am really starting to vibe well with Calvin, that being said:

1. Eagle
2. Ricky
3. Paul or Calvin

That's my best guess from what little I have seen of these players after a month back into watching the sport.

Time for some updates now that we're just over a week out... :popcorn:

How many of the top pros are going to get to Utah a week early now that the Beaver State Fling is cancelled? I'd think that could make a big deal in who performs well during Worlds...

...but without knowing that, I think Ricky and Paul (in that order, barely) are a class above everyone right now. If I could bet Ricky/Paul vs the field, I would take that bet any day.

Calvin/Dickerson and then Eagle make up my next tier. They played well last year and have started strongly this year, but I don't think they've been as consistently clutch/great as the others.

After that, it's anyone's guess. It would take a spectacular effort from someone below these five to win the title, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. I've always been partial to James Conrad, so he'll be my emotional pull outside of Ricky.

At this point, I think Eagle has played his way into the Ricky/Paul tier. I like Ricky and that's who I'll be pulling for, but I wouldn't be surprised if any of these three end up with the win. My prediction is Eagle by 2, Paul and Ricky tying for second. 4th place is 3 strokes back of the tie.

On the women's side, I'm never going to count out Paige. She's earned the right in the women's field to be the favorite in every event she plays.

However, I think Catrina is the stronger player at this moment. Her past putting yips haven't seemed to be on display this year like in years past. We'll see how Paige comes back from her Hawaii sabbatical, but I think it will be another classic Catrina/Paige battle.

Hailey King is the clear 3rd horse, and in my mind the only other person who actually has a chance to win the event.

I think Kona winds up in 4th. She has as much throwing skill as anyone above her, but her consistency (especially in Circle 1) holds her back.

Paige is on a war-path since she returned from Hawaii. I'm predicting she's going to win by 5+ strokes. Catrina comes in second as the "Phil Mickelson" of women's disc golf, and the closest competitor is 5+ strokes back of her.

I have a hard time seeing Eagle winning with 60% of the event at the Fort. Mulligan's is also way shorter than most of the golf courses on Tour so his advantage out in the open may be diminished.

1. Wysocki
2. McBeth
3. Hammes

1. Pierce
2. Tattar
3. Allen

Latest posts