• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] 2023 “workhorse” midrange?

Iguana if I am just carrying 1 mid and its not breezy. It takes most of my historic buzzz shots. I am surprised to no see a ton of people saying Hex. Facebook makes me think thats all everyone throws anymore.

Hex/Reactor get about 80% of my mid shots. Love the Comet but don't throw it a lot since most of my courses are lightly wooded and windy.

This is probably what I should have said haha. Everyone seems to be going stable. I have definitely been underrating the reactor... if I bagged a light and a heavy one I could probably shape most shots.

I have to admit the results so far are surprising. Still a lot of Roc/Roc3 and Buzzz answers.

I expected a lot more variety with all of the available options out there these days.

I kind of wonder if the Buzzz and Roc answers are mostly from people who are brand loyal to Discraft or Innova or if those molds are just hard to beat regardless of the stuff coming out from some of the newer brands.

I have to admit the results so far are surprising. Still a lot of Roc/Roc3 and Buzzz answers.

I expected a lot more variety with all of the available options out there these days.

I kind of wonder if the Buzzz and Roc answers are mostly from people who are brand loyal to Discraft or Innova or if those molds are just hard to beat regardless of the stuff coming out from some of the newer brands.

I used to bag the Buzzz until I griplocked one into a pond. Probably would have just bought another one if I didn't have my old Rift laying around.

I think Roc vs Buzzz is still the age old question since outside of gyro technology most of the other molds are another company's take on those molds

They're still the gold standard of midranges, so there's always going to be a ton of people throwing them. Both molds have great wear cycles, are easily/readily available, and have very little unpredictable variation between runs and plastics. There's also just nothing out there that is clearly better than those discs, so a lot of it is preference of more experienced players which gets passed down to newer players.

Mint Mustang. Swirly Apex plastic. Great glide with a nice workable stability and it looks incredible.

Mint Discs Mustang. Between the plastics available and the stability differences between them they cover everything I want in a workhorse mid.

Mint Mustang. Swirly Apex plastic. Great glide with a nice workable stability and it looks incredible.

I'm leaning towards it's cousin, the TSA Pathfinder for my bag. It reminds me of a slightly shallower, slightly faster, slightly longer Buzz but in better plastic.

I'm forehand dominant, and I pull out my Pyro more than anything else. If I had to choose a backhand disc, or something that works well for both FH and BH, it would be the Hex.

My workhorse mid is a putter - Praxis/Bullet. They replaced my Truths for most work under 300. They're definitely shorter, but I get better control.

Between Praxis and Zones, my < 300 game feels pretty good.

Longer mid work goes to Kaxes and MD4/Solstice, but the touch stuff is all Praxis and Zone.

I'm using the Compass, Opto and Opto-X in various stages of wear covers just about everything.