• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 Reviewer of the Year

All new reviews stay in the recent reviews feed on the front page for 3 days, so they're not necessarily getting kicked early when someone spans a bunch of reviews in a row. You might just need to click "older" a couple of times to catch up on any reviews you may have missed.

In slower times, they will stay on the first page until enough newer reviews push it off. This has been the case more often than the slight reviewing craze of late.

I haven't really changed the way I write reviews. I'm writing more of them, sure. I just so happen to have played almost 100 courses so far this year. I played 46 over 11 days recently. I'm also pretty much out of courses within a couple hours so it'll taper off soon.

...I foresee maybe 10 more reviews from me this year unless something changes. Around 50 is where I'm gonna max out I'm afraid.

...I'm also pretty much out of courses within a couple hours so it'll taper off soon.

I see what you both are doing here. And let me tell you I'm not fooled. :D

I see what you both are doing here. And let me tell you I'm not fooled. :D

It will, I swear!!!

Until August when I go to Davenport and stuff. I might drive 2.1 hours away around the fourth of July too and add some stragglers. :D

The one thing I won't do is apologize for writing reviews for DiscGolfCourseReview.com. That's kind of the point of this place.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present screen scraped data for all reviews on DGCR! Every reviewer ever on this site, organized by how many reviews they wrote each year. Note that this data is around a month old by now. It only includes reviews of users who haven't been delisted for some reason, and only includes reviews that are on users' profile pages (possibly excluding practice area reviews or things like that), so these numbers may be slightly different from Tyler's compilations.

Here is the data: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ouid=113449182849237971094&rtpof=true&sd=true
Google Sheets isn't great with tons of data, so you'll probably want to download it as an xlsx or csv file.

Some highlights:
Total reviews all time: 89,722
Year with the most reviews: 2009, with 11,045
Person with the most reviews: The Valkyrie Kid, obviously (almost double of second place)
Total number of users who have posted at least one review: 18,127

And for those who care, here's the source code, in JavaScript: https://github.com/Pevio/DGCR-Members
Please don't spam DGCR's servers.

So roughly 8,230 people have written one review? Wack.

Top 25 reviewers of 2023 - End of Spring update.
Ties are listed in order by 2022 review totals.

1. wolfhaley - 62 reviews
2. HyooMac - 44 reviews
2. rodneytravis - 44 reviews
4. sillybizz – 43 reviews
5. EspresssoPatronum - 28 reviews
6. aclay - 27 reviews
7. DFrah - 26 reviews
8. Knobby325 - 25 reviews
9. wellsbranch250 - 24 reviews
10. Surge5 - 23 reviews
10. discgolfcraig - 23 reviews
12. Cerealman - 22 reviews
13. DiscinOhio - 15 reviews
13. adlacro - 15 reviews
15. Nate32 - 14 reviews
16. Ryal - 13 reviews
16. LLmanu10 - 13 reviews
16. Mike C - 13 reviews
19. Moose33 - 12 reviews
20. Upsawt1979 – 10 reviews
21. Pmay5 - 8 reviews
21. ivanhenson - 8 reviews
21. magictenor - 8 reviews
21. Thrembo - 8 reviews
21. DumfriesLizzie - 8 reviews
21. Baysinger - 8 reviews
21. Crooow - 8 reviews
21. Pierparknut - 8 reviews
21. Switters213 - 8 reviews

Dropped from rankings (7 reviews):bennybennybenny, Shadrach3, Jukeshoe, lukedpt, bobmcnelly, ultimatediscman and kp_1024

Wolfhaley is your new leader of the pack. Dropping reviews seemingly everyday over the last two weeks. A huge climb by sillybizz as well. rodneytravis has continued his steady pace the last two months and sits tied at second with Hyoomac on the podium. Welcome back to the top 25 to Pmay5, Thrembo, Magictenor, Moose33 and Pierparknut. Also, Congrats to Switters213 with a first time appearance on the Top 25 list.

I haven't really changed the way I write reviews. I'm writing more of them, sure. I just so happen to have played almost 100 courses so far this year. I played 46 over 11 days recently. I'm also pretty much out of courses within a couple hours so it'll taper off soon.

You've played more new courses in that time than I've even played rounds this year, possibly the last two years combined. Color me quite jealous!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present screen scraped data for all reviews on DGCR! Every reviewer ever on this site, organized by how many reviews they wrote each year. Note that this data is around a month old by now. It only includes reviews of users who haven't been delisted for some reason, and only includes reviews that are on users' profile pages (possibly excluding practice area reviews or things like that), so these numbers may be slightly different from Tyler's compilations.

Here is the data: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ouid=113449182849237971094&rtpof=true&sd=true
Google Sheets isn't great with tons of data, so you'll probably want to download it as an xlsx or csv file.

Some highlights:
Person with the most reviews: The Valkyrie Kid, obviously (almost double of second place)

And for those who care, here's the source code, in JavaScript: https://github.com/Pevio/DGCR-Members

Might I suggest freezing the first row?

Some highlights:

Thanks for doing this - this makes it a little easier to peruse the lower review counts!

I've played 19 courses this month that I haven't written reviews for so I have some catching up to do! :) And I have plans to bag a few more new courses in the next couple days. But one of these days, I'll make time to write and not throw...

Maybe. Heh heh.

I've played 19 courses this month that I haven't written reviews for so I have some catching up to do! :) And I have plans to bag a few more new courses in the next couple days. But one of these days, I'll make time to write and not throw...

Maybe. Heh heh.

I posted my 30th review of the year today. That temporarily puts me in 5th place. If Cerealman ever stops playing and starts writing reviews, I don't stand a chance of staying there.

Ha.

I posted my 30th review of the year today. That temporarily puts me in 5th place. If Cerealman ever stops playing and starts writing reviews, I don't stand a chance of staying there.

You're safe for now, aclay. I tend to crank them out slowly … I'm not a machine like some of the reviewers above us. :)

Cerealman after dropping 20 reviews in July.
attachment.php

Attachments

• g6b0xzkuemg51.jpg
    g6b0xzkuemg51.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 81