• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Survey

Lets just hope they decide to listen to the results. It is a good survey but the fear is that they end up doing what they want. It seems to me that they may already have an agenda.

I have read, considered, and submitted. I agree with mashnut, there were some questions on the survey that seem directly out of dgcr threads. I really like that they put this together.

I submitted a completed survey.

Now that that is done I wish that they would have given the option on every single one of those question for a response that doesnt agree with any of the statements. There were more than one of the (choose this or that) questions where I didnt want to choose either.

Also I wish they would have put a comment box in there somewhere where we could write in our own ideas.

I feel as though I was just picking answers that the pdga wanted to here, so they could justify something.

Not the happiest with the survey, but it still wont stop me from continually paying my fee and playing.

Now that that is done I wish that they would have given the option on every single one of those question for a response that doesnt agree with any of the statements. There were more than one of the (choose this or that) questions where I didnt want to choose either.

Also I wish they would have put a comment box in there somewhere where we could write in our own ideas.

I feel as though I was just picking answers that the pdga wanted to here, so they could justify something.

I agree with your statement. I was in the same boat of "neither" on about half the questions.

the survey is missing one very important question, which should have been the first question:

from 1 to 5, rate your knowledge of the pdga hot topics, BOD meeting minutes, and general operations of the PDGA.

i agree. i've been a pdga member since 2008 and even i had a hard time completing the survey. some stuff i have no clue what is best, other times i thought some priorities were even.

lots of reading but i'm glad i completed it.

Hope ppl take the time to do this.

This is the PDGA flat out bringing up issues that members complain about. Magazine costs. Video coverage. Pro Tour marketing. Website stuff. Membership costs. How money is spent. Am payouts. The name of the org.

I applaud the org. for throwing these things out there and putting themselves out there on these controversial and widely discussed topics.

Let your voice be heard or don't complain about those things.

I agree. And it's just $50 so I'll remain a member for the foreseeable future, even if they don't really seem to do much for me.

On the multiple choice ranking questions, I felt like there was usually 1 or 2 solid answers for the top, and the rest were a 9 :|

Not the happiest with the survey, but it still wont stop me from continually paying my fee and playing.

exactly how i feel.
#1 is one i really dislike. most of those i think are minor compared to what they need to do. and it seems like they are avoiding particular hot issues by defining the responses you can give.
i am tempted to email them back with my own written in answers. but i have a feeling it wouldn't even be looked at.

Hope ppl take the time to do this.

This is the PDGA flat out bringing up issues that members complain about. Magazine costs. Video coverage. Pro Tour marketing. Website stuff. Membership costs. How money is spent. Am payouts. The name of the org.

I applaud the org. for throwing these things out there and putting themselves out there on these controversial and widely discussed topics.

Let your voice be heard or don't complain about those things.
Serious question: I quit the PDGA years ago; Guru told me it was his way or the highway and I took the highway. I'm not hiding, I'm pretty easy to find. I still play disc golf, still run local events, still try to promote the sport. Can I take the survey? Or does what I think only matter if I pay $50.00?

It seems like you limit your feedback if you don't open yourself up to feedback from the people you already drove away. :|

I only take tests and surveys on a scantron so that i can make cool patterns with my answers. When that doesn't work, the correct answer is C. However, if they start asking about my feelings and give me a number spectrum to choose from my eyes tend to get googly and I bliss out on the white void. Yeah, thanks for asking but I'm gonna pass.

Serious question: I quit the PDGA years ago; Guru told me it was his way or the highway and I took the highway. I'm not hiding, I'm pretty easy to find. I still play disc golf, still run local events, still try to promote the sport. Can I take the survey? Or does what I think only matter if I pay $50.00?

It seems like you limit your feedback if you don't open yourself up to feedback from the people you already drove away. :|

This.

:clap:
curious, are you able to access this page and complete it?
http://survey.constantcontact.com/survey/a07e822gblfhkpjtkrp/a01c5hl5nny31/questions

i agree. i've been a pdga member since 2008 and even i had a hard time completing the survey. some stuff i have no clue what is best, other times i thought some priorities were even.

lots of reading but i'm glad i completed it.

maybe i missed all the discussion on this website about adding pdga.com 'social' features. Those features aren't important to me because DGCR and Facebook already fit the bill. Why re-invent what is already established instead of increasing promotion on those sites?

Can anybody link me to past discussions?

The PDGA needs to develop a survey and send it to as many non-current members as possible asking why they haven't renewed. The results of this survey can help the PDGA meet the needs of the members and improve the renewal rate of PDGA members.

The PDGA needs to develop a survey and send it to as many non-current members as possible asking why they haven't renewed. The results of this survey can help the PDGA meet the needs of the members and improve the renewal rate of PDGA members.

agreed. this to me would have been the first step, finding out why people chose to stop their support

Very good point. They should have a way to let you log-in, via PDGA# (even non-current) and complete survey as well. That would go a long way in figuring out issues, especially of driving people away.

Took the survey, but don't recall anything about promoting new courses and/or establishing and supporting course standards. Personally knowing the addictive properties of disc golf, I am a believer in "If you build it, they will come."