• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] 4 of your favorite putters.

I carry fourteen discs in my bag and four of those are my putters..they are

175 KC Pro Aviar - My main driving putter.
175 Yeti Pro - Drives and approaches.
175 Yeti Pro - This is the backup for my main putter and will replace it someday.
175 Yeti Pro - My main putter and my favorite disc it's got 4 Aces on it and is $.

1. Medium Sole
2. SSS Magic
3. SSS Warlock
4. Soft Banger GT

This is assuming we're talking putters for putting.

Two beaded and two beadless. Judge and Wizard. Warden and Warlock. Honorable mention to the Yeti Pro Aviar and the Pure.

this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

1) Black 175 JK Aviar-X (main putter)
2) Black soft 175 Judge (good disc, I use from time to time for fun, but always go back to #1
3) Black 175 neutron Ion (driving putter in the summer - I have a thing for black putters)
4) Firm 175 Ridge (driving putter during the winter, great grip - it's not black)

Star Aviar P&A
SSS Wizard
XG Champion Rhyno
Soft Judge (used to be a SSS Warlock)

I've got a few more favorites I could add too. Mostly Wizards.

Your #1 is an absolute beauty. Sorry to hear Billy had to be retired.
I've considered bringing it back out, but I mostly use Wizards now so it probably wouldn't get much use anyway. It's on a pegboard out in the garage.

Premi Polecat - I just love this putter (thank you CraigG). It is one of a very few discs that is hanging in my apartment.
7aab8af9-9b78-45d2-b475-aca1940d7e66_zpsbd4f5df1.jpg

Old large circle tooled Firm Wizard - Not the firmest Wizard in my collection, but it's really firm with a great grip. Was my main putter until the G9i reruns.
37bc2998-9ef0-499a-a257-5daf25c491b1_zpsddc4b969.jpg

OG SSS Wizard - my very first Wizard. It was very firm and had a super chalky grip when I first got it, but it's way too soft for my tastes now, even when the temps get below freezing. The chalky feel has long disappeared, but its incredible grip returns with a little soap and water. It does still see practice time and a dozen or so cold weather rounds for old time's sake.
3766fa04-45a6-4668-a3f2-3b0cc94a240f_zpsaf3aa4de.jpg

2 Medium "Death Takes It In The Junk" Wizards - These are the only Wizards I've carried in pairs and used interchangeably. This is my all-time favorite Zam stamp (he's done some great ones). I find that if I am relaxed and in good spirits while I'm putting I'm more accurate, and these still make me laugh/relax. I wish I'd bought all dehaas had available instead of just these two (if you have any more of these, dehaas I'd be happy to take them off your hands). They're the flattest Wizards I had ever owned until the G9i reruns.
3465a82c-7da0-4f17-ae93-0e0c6d6c3140_zpsf5e0b8ff.jpg

Here we go...small bead mania with pics:

Aviar Putt & Approach from 1998. For a long time I had five Aviars in my bag; three small bead and two big bead. The big beads were the "Holy Mackerel" DX grid stamp and a 9X KC Pro. The small beads were the Billy Baroo, a "Two Decades of Disc Golf" White Birch Aviar and this disc. It had a purple stamp but the purple all wore off. Of the five discs, I cared the least about this one so knarly lies, water hazards and the like called for this disc to be thrown. Even up to about two years ago I was throwing it on high-risk putts and approaches. Somehow it never was lost.

The other small bead was this one:

I liked it becasue that was my stamp; my attempt at making art out of a picture I photocopied out of Disc Golf World News. (The yellow disc technically was my stamp as well; it was a joke stamp based off this one becasue we had replaced a bridge on the course to much bitching.) This was the most stable of the three small beads and I liked it off the tee. I ran into a dude a few years ago that told me he learned to play at White Birch; he was putting with a Hydra. I gave this disc to him. It seemed like the thing to do.

I ended up with this disc becasue it wouldn't sell. The Omega AP 1.1 and 1.2's had a two-color stamp but the 1.3's came out with a one color stamp. It was Millennium cutting back but they looked like misprints. I put this in the bag in the winter, the grip was better when it got cold.

And one last small bead:

One of my first putters. These were valuable in a 90's sort of way (think $15) so at some point I put it up and waited for somebody to offer me some money for it. I think I hit more trees than baskets with it. I really, really hated it but putter options were Aviars and...Aviars. I just had to get used to them.

Old large circle tooled Firm Wizard - Not the firmest Wizard in my collection, but it's really firm with a great grip. Was my main putter until the G9i reruns.
37bc2998-9ef0-499a-a257-5daf25c491b1_zpsddc4b969.jpg
Bad pic but I have one of those.

Really nice Wizards, but at some point it started to feel...funky? I don't know, it was probably in my head.

Latest posts