• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] 4 of your favorite putters.

Bad pic but I have one of those.

Really nice Wizards, but at some point it started to feel...funky? I don't know, it was probably in my head.

I really don't miss it with my current putter. I never noticed a lot of change to its feel. Did it get slick or something else? I never got why people were fans of the small circle tooling. I always preferred the large circles. I have a couple Big Gs that are amazing, but they're a little too soft now too.

I got a big enough offer to part with these glows last year. I still kind of miss them, but I was never going to use them and thought they deserved better than sitting in a box.
Glows750.jpg

Love those old Small Beads too. I know how you feel about having no choice. They were several putter molds available when I got into the sport, but I never really liked them much either.

Last edited:
I only have ever used 3 putters, but here you go none the less.

3 - DX Birdie - first putter, lived this thing, but it had been retired

2 - DX P&A Aviar - is my approach disc for now

1 - proton Soft anode

I really don't miss it with my current putter. I never noticed a lot of change to its feel. Did it get slick or something else?
It was a survivor Wizard; it was the one out of the first batch that I had that I had manged not to lose. When I got the red one I posted earlier it became a backup and started to feel...fragile? Like I said, it was probably in my head becasue those things were hard as a rock. I started to get paranoid about breaking it and never wanted to throw it.

I was like that for a long time with the 9X KC Pro Aviar; I liked having it in my bag but I almost never threw it. I finally got over that I threw it a lot the last few years it was in my bag, but the plastic did start peeling on it so it's kinda sorta retired. I mostly throw the Wizards now so it's not that much of an issue.

It was a survivor Wizard; it was the one out of the first batch that I had that I had manged not to lose. When I got the red one I posted earlier it became a backup and started to feel...fragile? Like I said, it was probably in my head becasue those things were hard as a rock. I started to get paranoid about breaking it and never wanted to throw it.

I was like that for a long time with the 9X KC Pro Aviar; I liked having it in my bag but I almost never threw it. I finally got over that I threw it a lot the last few years it was in my bag, but the plastic did start peeling on it so it's kinda sorta retired. I mostly throw the Wizards now so it's not that much of an issue.

I get the fragile thing. We had a pretty mild winter last year, and I started worrying about mine cracking. I was paranoid because of all the CE horror stories, but I remember how sad it was when my Aviar cracked (in the snow). Since I don't like to carry a backup putter, it would've ruined my round. It's pretty funny how attached one can get to a $9 piece of plastic...

i like that three-man throwdown stamp. my dad has MS so that's pretty cool to me. i'd throw the **** outta them.

Thank you. They're a pretty great blend of Mediums too. I have a new SS Glow with that stamp in red also. Great plastic. Even better stamp! Might be persuaded to part with it...

Last edited:
uploadfromtaptalk1390847574468.jpg

My new putter a 175 S magic.

My first disc and wind putter a175 sss wizard

My off the tee driving putter a 175 sss voodoo

My utility putter a 174 xm summit. That thing has gotten be out of some stick situations.

Clozer Protege
Omega SS Big Bead 2.1 Proto
McPro Aviar Big Bead test run
Omega AP experimental

Currently rocking the Clozer protege. My favorite putter of all time

I have a pic of just 1 on hand, I'll get the remaining 3 after work.

DX Aviar P&A, 175g. First putter I ever owned. Inked my initials super big on the back so that you could see them when held up to the sun, as can be seen in the pic and my avatar. Threw it for all putts, approaches and short drives for a year a half from 2009-2011, until I lost it in a stream off a shanked drive. It was beat to snot at the time I lost it, but still flew like a dream. It tooks months to settle on a new putter (SS Warlocks, which is my go to now) since I couldn't find anything that flew or felt like that awesome gnarled DX plastic.

Cryztal FLX Zone (Game changing approach/utility/rescue/everthing one of the most used molds in my bag)
SE Ontario Rhyno (For OS/wind putting only)
Champ Rhyno (For driving and forehand annys)
KC Pro Aviar (San Marino for slightly US drives and long gliding approach/putts)

The left one is my main putter, only use it for putting, love it. The right is a backup.

Left is my first disc ever, still in the bag 15 years later. The magnet is just sexy.

:hfive:

As a retread noob I gave away my 10 year old Birdie and Aviar P&A (the feel and all that) and have the following:
Vibram Summit - soft putter
MVP N Anode - hard approach & putter (most versatile)
MVP Soft Ion - soft(ish) approach
Vibram VP - wind putter & hyzer approach

Maybe I just drank too much Kool Aid in choosing these, but I sticking with them for time being.

JK Aviar, Dx p&a aviar, mvp neutron anode, KC aviar.

I don't use the anode or KC anymore since they're too firm for me. But the flights are very good. Anode isn't as nice as aviar flight, but close. Just not as consistent to me.

I normally carry 4 putters in the bag, a blowfly the majority of my puts, a well used dx aviar for anhyzer puts, a ringer for hyzer puts, and a dart for a driving putter

actually the nova is also a really good putter, and not bad for anhyzer drives

Super beat 170g DX San Marino Aviar P&A. Pretty flexible rubbery and indestructible blend of DX. Got it used from PIAS a couple years ago and have used it ever since, primarily for low power approaches, long putts, short anhyzer drives and all sorts of understability utility duties.

1.5 year old 175g Yeti Pro Aviar. Fairly stiff for Yeti Pro plastic, it now is super tacky and my straight to understable driving putter of choice. It hold lines better than any putter I've driven with and is my longest flying putter. My go to driver for wooded holes 220 or less, or wide open drives up to 300 if the wind is favorable.

Eraser Warlock. Fairly new addition to my bag, it is stiffer than most of the Warlocks I throw, but it has great grip and is developing a solid wear pattern from putting practice. I'm excited to throw it more when the weather warms up. I also really like the simple stamp.

1. XLM Summit (putts)
2. P Ion (throws)
3. DX Polecat (magic)
4. 3-way tie between first Summit, opaque textured P Ion, and my old S Magic

Thank you. They're a pretty great blend of Mediums too. I have a new SS Glow with that stamp in red also. Great plastic. Even better stamp! Might be persuaded to part with it...

The three man throwdown stamp jumped out at me as well. I myself am an MS patient so anytime I see something going towards that cause it makes me smile. Do they still do that tourney?