• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

4DiscGolf.com presents the Fort Steilacoom Open

inourdr

Birdie Member
Does anyone know if McBeth is planning on playing in this tourney? He's not on the pre-reg list and I don't see him on any other tourney pre-reg for that weekend.

Yeah I bet he's just comfortably chilling in Portland, practicing as much as he can. Winning another NT at the risk of not being 100% for Worlds, where he aims to be a 3X champion, might not be a risk he's willing to take.

Hmm. I figured most of the top players would use this NT event as a nice warm-up before Worlds considering this event is relatively close to Portland.

***RUMOR ALERT***

I heard Paul and Climo were both doing Innova clinics after the JR Worlds. Sounds legit. I was bummed that Paul wouldn't be lighting up Steilli though. Probably a good move to rested for Worlds.

I don't think its about rest for McBeth. Keep in mind Steilacom ends on Sunday the 3rd and Paul's first round of Worlds won't be until August 12th so that's a lot of time. Maybe he looked at the added cash of only $5,000 (low for an NT) and the super elite field and decided it wasn't worth it to go practice new courses and play a new tournament.

I've had a very busy schedule since vibram so when I arrived at the AM worlds last week I didn't get a chance to play because I was caddying and hanging out with all the Juniors and players at their events and parties. I knew it was going to be a long journey west so with no practice and all that traveling there was no way I was going to be able to compete at a top level. I knew this months in advance so I never even bothered signing up, plus I havent played well here the last few years so I need more practice time than most.

I've had a very busy schedule since vibram so when I arrived at the AM worlds last week I didn't get a chance to play because I was caddying and hanging out with all the Juniors and players at their events and parties. I knew it was going to be a long journey west so with no practice and all that traveling there was no way I was going to be able to compete at a top level. I knew this months in advance so I never even bothered signing up, plus I havent played well here the last few years so I need more practice time than most.

:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Guess I should start hoarding more 2x
Roc3s. :p

Knock 'em dead, Paul! :thmbup:

Thanks for stepping up and paying for the pizza at the Am Worlds Junior's party. Classy move Paul.

Oh, and watch out for the brush-backs :)

Thanks for stepping up and paying for the pizza at the Am Worlds Junior's party. Classy move Paul.

Oh, and watch out for the brush-backs :)

Not a problem it was wack that they expected the Juniors to pay so I just bought food for everyone at that party.... And that pitch was head huntin so I tried to atleast take it lower. Just caught the left forearm nothing wrong I don't mind the short pain.

So what courses are you playing this weekend Paul?:D

Latest posts