Evergreen Park, IL

50 Acre Park DGC

3.595(based on 22 reviews)
Beware of pedestrians not knowing that they are strolling on disc golf course. Lots more now !
Please be courteous and a good disc golf ambassador. Pick up any garbage please !

Park District notified that lot of locals hanging out at course, please be Ambassadors of the sport and play around accordingly !

long 4 pin position by eagle sculpture is 520 feet . long 16 tee to basket is 385 , long 17 tee to basket is 260 feet

Sledding hill baskets have been moved : long 4 pin position by eagle sculpture is 520 feet . long 16 tee to basket is 385 , long 17 tee to basket is 260 feet

to keep feet dry : starting on path to dog park to practice basket. 280 ft. long 1, short 1, long 2 short 2, short 3 , short 4 , long 4 ( basket next to eagle ) short 5 , long 6 , short 6, long 10 , short 10 , short 11 , 12 T to 6 basket , 7t to 13 basket, 14 t to 5 basket , 4 t to 1 basket, 1 t to practice basket. ( how to keep your feet dry format )

For additional info contact:
Michael Walsh (773-805-1384) or
Brian Cummings (219) 712- 6210

Hills in Chicago? Yes!!
Pros:

Hills, many routes up and down just about the only terrain in near the city. It leads to many opportunities for bombs downhill to stroke your long distance egos! Not wooded significantly, but enough trees to make you think clever routes to some baskets. Separate tee pads for differing abilities adds to the strength of the course and enables newer players to play along with more experienced players more evenly.
Cons:
The flat portion of the course as one can suspect is relatively mundane with some length at least to test your arm strength. It can be a bit wet in those portions as well. Because of the greatness of this course it can be a bit crowded on weekends and you'll likely encounter other discers on weekdays. I've not seen this but because it's hilly sledders flock to the park and some baskets are removed to limit the hazard for the kids.
Other:
Best holes. 1-13 are, outside of the Canyons, the best stretch of holes I've played in the area. Up and down you go, but part of the brilliance is it seems as is there are more downhill tee shots than up hill. 8 is a great risk reward with the basket on a berm next to a cattail swamp. Most players have tramped into the soggy bog to find errant throws, sometimes successfully even! 10 is a great throw off of a 40-50 foot mound with zero obstructions. My longest throw ever is from that tee!
18 is a great finishing hole with, from the longer tees, a fling over a pond with branches looming on the right. The pond must be filled with plastic!
A bonus is the location near the unique and original Rainbow Cone on Western Ave just a block or two away.
Nice review on 50 acre! Keep up the good work! Definitely one of my favorites in the area (I have it as a 3, but ratings are subjective).

Beware of golf balls from the driving range landing on the course on hole 1. I almost got hit there a couple years ago.

Nice review on 50 acre! Keep up the good work! Definitely one of my favorites in the area (I have it as a 3, but ratings are subjective).
I'm brand new on this site. I don't quite understand how people rate courses. I read one on a course I play and a person was showering it with praise and then gave it 3.5 stars. In the same post he said it was the 8th rated 9 holer in the world! To me that sounds like a 5 star!

Hole 10 gets wacky on wacky wed event 775 to the corner.
Brian Cummings (219) 712- 6210 For all your disc needs hit him up !

Latest posts