• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Archive midrange

Twmccoy

* Ace Member *
One more Prodigy disc to discuss briefly.

Tried the Archive yesterday. It seems to be a fairly neutral flying mid. 177g. 500 plastic. Plastic is nice. Very shiny and fairly stiff. Not much dome, but I won't call it totally flat either.

Pretty nice mid. It won't turn, but it'll pop up flat if thrown hard anny. Very reminiscent of a Buzzz or Roc3 in flight, but perhaps a touch slower. Head to head against the Roc3 the Archive was a little shorter.

Overall the Archive is good mid for straight shots with a decent finish at the end. It won't turn, but does fly flat for a long while. The Archive is just a hair more stable than the Buzzz or Roc3, and slower. I'd say it's not as overstable as something like a Buzzz OS or Malta, though.

Very mellow and easy to throw. I'd recommend it to anyone wanting a straight-flying Prodigy mid.

Yeah they are pretty good. Reminds me a bit of the Yikun Yao, but a better feeling rim. A little slower than your average mid, but super reliable without being overly beefy.

I have one in 400 I would have said slightly longer Roc3. Mellow is a good way to describe it. Won't turn and doesn't dump hard. Just a good reliable mid in any condition.

Is this disc as deep as the YouTube reviews make it sound?

It sounds like it has the flight I want (reliable into a headwind, good glide for its stability, reliable pushing fade), but I like beadless, shallow discs.

For reference, I have a Discmania Method in Vapor plastic that's close to what I want. However, it has a microbead and it's not quite as trustworthy into a headwind as I'd like. Good glide and reliable pushing fade, though. It's borderline deeper than I'd like.

I also have an Eclipse Reactor. I don't find it to have very good glide, and not much fade. It is shallow & beadless, though.