• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

600 ft Ace on video

at least set the youtube mark so we dont have to poke around to find it

I kinda want to see Simon throw a disc off of a mountain. Too bad the closest 2 that I know of, that have a road to the top, the road is only open during the summer. Both are about 2.5 hrs from Smugglers Notch (Whiteface in NY [4867'] and Mt. Washington in NH [6288']). We'd need to put a tracker on the disc, mostly to see how far it goes, but also because I want a chance at getting the disc back (only to truly hone my disc finding skills, the tracker is only to get me approximately in the right place, I'll do the rest), I also live less than 45mins from Whiteface, so that would be my preference.

He's a MA resident now. You can drive to the top of Mt Greylock. Highest mountain in MA.

I would think the effective difference to surrounding terrain height is what really matters, not the total height from sea level. It may be the same mountain in places, but a different one sometimes.

I kinda want to see Simon throw a disc off of a mountain. Too bad the closest 2 that I know of, that have a road to the top, the road is only open during the summer. Both are about 2.5 hrs from Smugglers Notch (Whiteface in NY [4867'] and Mt. Washington in NH [6288']). We'd need to put a tracker on the disc, mostly to see how far it goes, but also because I want a chance at getting the disc back (only to truly hone my disc finding skills, the tracker is only to get me approximately in the right place, I'll do the rest), I also live less than 45mins from Whiteface, so that would be my preference.

There was a great "mountain" shot at Mountain Lake DGC. From the old golf clubhouse we would throw off the mountain. The terrain allowed a good shot to fly for a really long time ( maybe 10 seconds or more). I have some videos but am not tech savvy enough to know how to post them.

Made up hole, not a true ace unless you count it as a 1 hole temp course they restarted dozens of times. If you watch the whole video you see the one that went in was thought to be a bad shot at first. Still looked like it was a fun game, I would totally try that out if I lived around there.

I would call this more of a "trickshot" rather than an ace (in the classical sense).
The "trick" is that they threw a disc into a basket from 600' away. So to summarize: pretty cool!

I doubt it's faked. If they were faking it, the film would look a lot better :p

Latest posts