• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A Disc's Life

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Ever wonder what a disc sees on its way to the basket? We decided to find out. A co-worker and I put this together after figuring out how to mount a camera to a disc.

Interesting idea. I'd like to see a pic of the set-up mounted on the disc. As for the video, I'm not sure if I want to vomit or have a seizure. Cool none the less.

That's great! Love the ending! :clap:

How many cameras did you go through for this?

That was sweet. Is this the first time this has been done? I've seen cameras on discs before, but they would just spin around with the disc, so all you saw was a big blur.

My co-worker designed a special mount just for the disc with a bearing in it, took some trial and error. The camera is pretty durable. I went through 3 discs and the camera held up. After hitting enough trees the disc's flight just became to wobbly to produce a decent picture.

I did almost get an ace with the camera but the footage was kinda crappy so I didn't include it. I hit the side of the basket... would have been awesome :)

My co-worker designed a special mount just for the disc with a bearing in it, took some trial and error. The camera is pretty durable. I went through 3 discs and the camera held up. After hitting enough trees the disc's flight just became to wobbly to produce a decent picture.

I did almost get an ace with the camera but the footage was kinda crappy so I didn't include it. I hit the side of the basket... would have been awesome :)

LOLZ I have been working on one of these for a while now and I hope to have one out soon as well. Nice to see that it can work like I imagined.

Wow, this is an awesome video! I appreicate all the work that went to this..my compliments to you and your co-worker!

I saw one a few months back where I believe it was Brodie Smith attached a camera to one of the discs they used in their ultimate practice some day. These definitely make for cool videos.

Latest posts