• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Ace Race 2010-Discraft Hornet

Just picked one of these up on Saturday at a tournament. I like it. Fades a little more than a wasp and seems a touch more stable. I'll for sure pick up a Z Hornet as well.

I hear they can make the Z Hornets in 150 class too, but they might not be that light in the first production run.

How would the hornet and sentinel compare? Not that I plan on getting rid of my Q sentinels anytime soon. :/

i think the sentinels hold a longer straight line with a little more straighter fade (only thrown it in base plastic though). The hornet is a lil slower and holds a slight fade in its glide and then a quick ending. in the wind its very straight and holds it through some significant wind and still finds a way to fade into a headwind or a strong L->R. Rhyno lovers will like this disc.

The Hornet has a pretty unique flight. It's dead straight for me (max weight), then fades hard as it slows. The best thing about it though, is that it has very similar flight characteristics when thrown with less power. I've even been using it for shots that are just outside of putting distance for me.
It also has a lot a glide for how overstable it is. And flexes from an anhyzer extremely well.

I can't tell you how stoked I am that this thing is legal now.

I also can't tell you how intimidated I am by the idea of this disc in Z plastic. I hope it's not a meathook.

I use my Hornet just outside my putting range too. I've hit a few nice ones like that. Of course, they'd probably be -in- putting range for someone else.

I seem to find that when throwing into the wind that the disc bounces up and down quite a bit. I have two of them I am not interested in keeping. Mid 160 pink and mid 170 orange. Any interested people out there?

Z Hornet incoming!!
GGGT is taking preorders and expecting to get them in a week.

I'm hoping a lightish Z will be as unflippable as my heavy esp