• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] All Unique Putters?

I have never seen one of these in the flesh, what do they look like and how soft do they come?
The wing is actually very similar to the Magic wing. The top was a big 'ol dome with rings. They were awesome things in flight...they would float and dance and bob with the wind, winding a perplexing flight that would look tantalizingly good at various points only to dip or sail off unexpectedly away from chains, then roll around and leave you an impossible comeback.

86 Softie: Original three putt putter of Three Putt.

They were not all that soft generally, but there was a version called the "butter putter" that you could roll up. I hate soft putters, but the butter putters were nice.

Last edited:
The G5 Splinter from Obsidian Discs has a pretty unique feel to it. Very soft and grippy, very overstable.

Have tried and failed to find a disc to replace the Pig. It is the porkiest utility disc ever.

That is the ticket, mold looks true.. But at 110g , still looking for a 170+ Fastback.

Plan is to get it PDGA approved and then offer it in the usual weights, so hold on and you'll have exactly what you need soon!

Yes^

Devil Hawk is the Gateway PigRhyno and a pretty unique feeling putter.

No I want meathook overstable and no thumbtrack please. Ive tried them all but nothing is like a fat pig.

Meathook overstable--check
No Thumbtrack--check
Fatter than any pig ever--check

Yea, looks like you need a Zone.

Don't like the grip pads on the Sinus. Harp is better but neither is overstable enough.

True, but the Zone is MUCH faster and longer

He never said anything about distance potential. If you get the right ones you can't throw them 200ft due to the overstability.

If you actually NEED something more OS than a Pig, etc then you should probably re-evaluate your game/form.

That is the ticket, mold looks true.. But at 110g , still looking for a 170+ Fastback.

Last time I was at Gateway they had a bunch of these with throwback MIDNIGHT FLYER style stamps numbered 1 through 3. They were all glow and weights going up to 190g.

Heads up. The Big Dog I just got from Reptilian is penned at 164g. Maybe give them a call and see what weights they have.
Cassidy posted up a free shipping code in another thread, and every other disc they have is $10 this week, too.

This feels like a bigger polecat with a comfy fastback dip on top for your thumb.
Guessing this is gonna glide forever.