• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

Looks like a whole bunch of BS to me. Live coverage on ESPN? Unlikely.

Looks like a whole bunch of BS to me. Live coverage on ESPN? Unlikely.

Are you and Jussi feeling a bit of sour grapes for missing out?

Maybe the ADGT will be more welcoming to women that DiscMania's tour? Frankly it couldn't be any worse...

Are you and Jussi feeling a bit of sour grapes for missing out?

Maybe the ADGT will be more welcoming to women that DiscMania's tour? Frankly it couldn't be any worse...

I'm not sure what you're trying to imply, but I have nothing to do with Jussi or his tour or anything else. I'm commenting strictly on the website as presented. It shows ONE event scheduled for the "tour" and is promising live ESPN coverage for it. Just doesn't pass the smell test. At all.

Seems weird. Plus the dude in the promo defiantly isn't espn worthy. You'd think that they could get someone better to film. We'll see though.

Whois search shows the domain is registered to a Hillary Kilgus of Columbia, South Carolina. Not a PDGA member that I can find, but apparently married to one.

Whois search shows the domain is registered to a Hillary Kilgus of Columbia, South Carolina. Not a PDGA member that I can find, but apparently married to one.

Looks like noodle arm nailed it.

Another day, another tour announced:

Www.Americanddiscgolftour.com

My bad for the link not working, on my phone. Looks like it's based in South Carolina, no word on who is behind it.

I get a weird Salient vibe out of this, which I don't like. Hoping my spidey sense is wrong on that one.

Haven't heard a whiff about this here in Columbia, SC, where it's supposedly happening. Presumably on a (ball) golf course.

I see it's completely non-PDGA, as well.

This personally affects me because my a tier is scheduled for that same weekend. We scheduled it that weekend because it sits between KCWO and Master's cup and we're on the way for those headed west. I wonder, if in fact it's real, how many people will criss cross the country to attend.

Haven't heard a whiff about this here in Columbia, SC, where it's supposedly happening. Presumably on a (ball) golf course.

I see it's completely non-PDGA, as well.

Practically anti-PDGA, with zero mention of the PDGA and its own set of rules and tech standards (which, of course, look eerily similar to the PDGA's).

Slight whiff of Snapching. Anybody remember that?

This personally affects me because my a tier is scheduled for that same weekend. We scheduled it that weekend because it sits between KCWO and Master's cup and we're on the way for those headed west. I wonder, if in fact it's real, howmany people will criss cross the country to attend.

I'm betting you have nothing to worry about. Unless this event can prove it has not only ESPN coverage but a butt load of cash to pay out, I doubt many of the touring players are going to go out of their way to play it.

Practically anti-PDGA, with zero mention of the PDGA and its own set of rules and tech standards (which, of course, look eerily similar to the PDGA's).

Slight whiff of Snapching. Anybody remember that?

Zero mentioned of the PDGA, because to me it looks like they're trying to compete or at least offer an alternative to the PDGA ... with annual membership fees, a handicapping system, and offering event "sanctioning".

You can register now for the "Open" for $299.00 :popcorn:

They are charging $299 to play the american open, with $75 dollar fee waived the first year to join if you play in it.

This is kinda shady.

The owner of salient discs created or is at least an admin of the facebook page

The owner of salient discs created or is at least an admin of the facebook page

Just looked through the website and saw that their 3 fundraiser discs were all Salient. From the feedback I've seen, anything associated with Salient should be "GREAT!!!"...............

All they need to do now is have Hucker Magazine be the media liaison to ESPN.

A penalty called by another player in the group must be agreed upon by the entire group in order to be enforced.

So, if you call me on a foot fault, I could just say that I didn't foot fault and it wouldn't be enforced? :popcorn:

Latest posts