• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ANDROID APP IS OUT!!

I used it for the first time yesterday and really liked it. The scoring part works great, a lot like the simple scoring apps that just do one thing well, except this does more. The find a course/course near me part is awesome. The colors are nice.

My one gripe- I played a league round and started on hole 8, when we hit hole 18 it wanted to finish the round instead of wrapping around. It would be nice to default to wrap around.

I really don't see any need for the app personally, but I'm all about supporting this site and will end up buying it. $5 could feel like a lot, but come on... It's $5. That's like 15 minutes work. 30 minutes max. If you make less than that, get off this forum and go learn a trade.

It makes adding scores to the scorebook *very* easy and it's a smooth experience finding courses, etc. when you're on the road. It sort of refines things for mobile.

I used it for the first time yesterday and really liked it. The scoring part works great, a lot like the simple scoring apps that just do one thing well, except this does more. The find a course/course near me part is awesome. The colors are nice.

My one gripe- I played a league round and started on hole 8, when we hit hole 18 it wanted to finish the round instead of wrapping around. It would be nice to default to wrap around.

Glad you liked it Guurn! If you wouldn't mind leaving a review on the Play Store that would be appreciated :)

Starting hole is something that will be added down the road, after the iOS version is released. iOS will pretty much match the Android version and then new features will be released simultaneously on both platforms.

I wish I would have noticed this while I was on the road! Even if it was only for the last couple days of my trip this would have been awesome, browsing the site is tedious on mobile and this just looks awesome! Thanks, it will definitely be getting tons of use from me.

Just wanted to say the Android robot putting out is pretty cool on the top of the page :D.

How long does he get to play around up there?

Glad to hear it Martin! Put a review on Google Play when you get a chance if you wouldn't mind :)

I think the Android guy will be putting for a while, a few weeks at least :)

It makes adding scores to the scorebook *very* easy and it's a smooth experience finding courses, etc. when you're on the road. It sort of refines things for mobile.

I've never gotten into adding scores to the scorebook, and finding courses through the mobile site has always been a breeze without the app. I did wind up buying it today, just in time for my phone to decide that it didn't want to work. So I didn't get a chance to use the scorecard. I've been using Easy for quite some time now and like having it all stored in one place. All that shows me is my average score on various holes and courses, and then my handicap on those courses too... Whatever that means. From what I'm seeing fooling around with the app this afternoon (my phone started working again when I got home from the round), storing scores here on DGCR will be far more in depth. I'm looking forward to using it more. Plus it will allow people who adore my witty banter on here to make fun of me when they realize how terrible I truly am at this game.

Well I certainly appreciate you picking it up despite your reservations and glad your phone started working again! Hopefully you'll find it easier to use than the mobile site :)

Glad you liked it Nathan and Tom! Thanks for getting it! :)

Very polished interface, and runs smoothly on my Droid Turbo! It will be nice to be able to search out courses more easily that before when I'm on the road. Two thumbs up!:thmbup::thmbup:

Tim, the app is super-swell! I love that you can access photos, directions, mark played, score uploads et al, straight from the course. And thanks for letting me take part in the Beta testing.
I have a quick question: If I buy a premium membership to the site, how would the route planner interface, or would it? Could I map a route on my phone via the app?

Glad you like it guys! If you wouldn't mind leaving a review at some point on the store that would be great.

Brokensaint, right now the only premium tie-in is that you can have the app not show courses you've already played and obviously the charts and what not on the site once the scores are here. The route map took a crazy amount of hacking to get it to work on the web with various plugins and third party libraries. I don't think it would be possible to have it work in a similar fashion on the app and would take a huge amount of effort (and money). That will probably remain a web only feature for the foreseeable future.

I was hoping for the tester hook-up, but I caved and bought the app! Considering I'm going to be attempting to keep a log of EVERY round this season, this purchase was a no-brainer. With all the great stuff this site offers, 5 bucks is a drop in the bucket. Thanks for the great app, and here's to looking forward to future improvements.
smiley-eatdrink003.gif

.....I suppose you'll want a review thrown up in the app store now, timg? :D :hfive:

Definitely the best app I've bought in a while. I used it for the first time today at our local course. It was supposed to be the first doubles of the year, but due to rain, mud, and landslides, they postponed it (wusses). I was too excited to try this out to not play. Really impressed how easily it was to post the score to DGCR. Expected that to be alot more complicated.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but how often does it sync with the site? Like, if I update something about a course on the site, does it update on the app the next time I open it?

I believe there's a 24 hour cache on the course info, something like that, I'm not totally sure. If you don't see the change just hit the 3-dot menu and choose "Refresh Course Info" to grab all the latest info from the site for that course.

Also, glad you liked the app and found it easy to use! The goal was ease of use and quick score entry. The feedback from people that got their hands on early copies helped a lot. I'm sure I sound like a broken record but if you could leave a review that would be awesome :)

Uploading a build to the store now that removes the back button at the top of the round screen and also removes the back button on the phone itself. That should hopefully reduce the confusion of people hitting that by accident and not being sure how to return to their rounds.

I've had the back thing happen to me and it's annoying and not totally obvious you should hit the "Home" icon and then "Resume Round".

Last edited:
Great app! I disagree with others. This is the first app that I've ever paid for, and I would have paid more. $5 is great!

Suggested change: since you have to approve any scores that are posted to your account, could the need for passwords be removed for other players. I am all for have the app owner sign in, but when keeping scores for others, it would be nice to just put their user name. I like that you have to approve any incoming scores on the website, I think the extra sign-in is unnecessary, and a little annoying.

Latest posts