• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Any Gazelle Experts out there

Innova63

Double Eagle Member
Premium Member
Trying to figure out the gazelles I have seen...I think there are 3 generations.
Anyone agree, disagree?:wall:

Well, most people are more informed on the Gazelle front than I, but the Glow Champ Gazelle is an amazing disc, almost like a shorter Teebird when new, but far more workable when worn.

I have not ever thrown a KC Pro Gazelle, but I imagine they are in a league of their own as well.

The new DX I don't really like compared to the ones from say a decade ago.

Most members of this group should be able to help you.

dx gazelle is BUTTER

165gish

i didn't like the glow or star. well not that I didn't like them, i just throw the dx very well

picked up a dx raven last week and im throwing that one pretty similiar

Yes, there was a Gazelle I, II, and III. The latest mold has not changed since around 2000, maybe earlier(but i'm no expert)

I love them and throw the shiz out of them but again, I'm not an expert. I do believe that either I or II had some kind of a bead. Any 9x,10x,11x, or any reg production plastic - they are all gonna be the same mold. Also a very small group of CE out there.

IMO the more the money, the glows are the best around, although i mostly throw 11xs.

Here's one of mine with a lxdawg25 dye job

GCG-D.jpg

The bar stamp DX gazelles are straight money. That's all I can tell you.

Straight flying version of the Whippet, first run released early 1994 , it was understable (More or less a Cheetah). Retooled during 94 ("Gazelle X"), it got a more pronounced bead around the rim and higher inside wall of the rim. Retooled again around 98 were the bead almost disappeared. Since around 1999 the have an abbreviation mark on the bottom = GZ . Speed 6, Glide 4, LSS 0 and HSS 2.