• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Any Monarch love out there?

Used to keep one in the bag, but it got replaced by an ESP Surge.
Now the Surge is getting really flippy, so maybe the Monarch gets another chance...

I liked my 170 monarch, but as it beat in and aI got more power, i had to take it out. A 175 Champ valk replaced it. It just handles the power better for the same shot, and since I don;t throw rollers... Gettin about 380 out of hyzer flipping my surge SS and valk.

My flippy baby. :D

picture.php

Used a 171 for -250 forehand. Understable enough I didnt have to throw hard and had decent control... Till I controlled both into the river....

Used one for a while back when I had a noodle arm (not a jab) and threw with three fingers under the disc. Used to give me a really tight s-turn then. Longer Roadrunner nowa days.

i like them, but i'd rather throw a worn Beast or Sidewinder. Monarch is fast and understable, but unfortunately it carries some of that negative Groove stigma.

i like the monarch and dont think its all that much like a groove? maybe im crazy, but this disc helped me the most with getting my forehand form down, hell i got my first ace with my 171g monarch in Nov. and havent got another one since i stopped throwing my monarch(not because i wanted to stop throwing it, it got really flippy when i chained it, put a nice gash in it :(, it was beatin pretty good anyway) well i love the monarch and will be picking one up for the summer

I own one but I already have a flip disc in the bag.

why is there SO much hate on the grooves around these forums? Mine took a few times out to be worth anything (constantly faded HARD left) but after a few rounds it beat itself into being my one of my longest and most reliable discs (with minimal wind.) If things are calm, or with a slight tail wind the Groove will cruise for me.

why is there SO much hate on the grooves around these forums? Mine took a few times out to be worth anything (constantly faded HARD left) but after a few rounds it beat itself into being my one of my longest and most reliable discs (with minimal wind.) If things are calm, or with a slight tail wind the Groove will cruise for me.

From what I know they were wildly inconsistent from disc to disc, and even worse run to run. You just never knew what you were going to get.

That groove in the rim is just unnatural! What other discs have it besides the monarch and groove? Hippys use grooves cause they're groovey.

I love the monarch. It only comes out for specialty shots but its a great understable driver. Slow turn to the right.