• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Any Sinus throwers?

The Sinus is probably the only non high speed Latitude Disc I have never thrown. I carry a Jokeri and haven't been tempted. Can anyone compare the two? If an Opto or GL Sinus ever shows up I may be tempted to get one plus a base version.

Just picked one up from Disc Golf Store. Hoping this can hold the OS putter spot, and that maybe a premium plastic one will be on its way. If not, I'll check out a Zone.

I used one for years. My 3+ year old beat SP still fades at the end. It is outstanding for going for long putts without doing a 40 foot blow by. The Premier plastic is a lot more durable IMO than Zero Line. Premier is more tacky too. Feels like a soft X without the flexibility. My AP I use a lot less, I feel the magic is in the Premier SP Plastic. With all the beatings it's taken, it looks better than any beat Magnet, Aviar, or Wizard I have ever seen. Stocked up on a bunch incase it got flippy and have never needed them. The beat one still serves its purpose.

As for the pads on the top, They have three different textures (or at least they did). I always used the least tackiest one for putting. However, when it's wet I do like the pads. They do provide a little advantage. As it wears down they pads become less and less noticeable. One of mine is basically nonexistant now.

im already favoring my sp over my ap since its softer and a little straighter. the plastic is indeed nice and grippy like used zero. mine doesnt show any since of harsh use so its not warped at all. im already liking the disc over my rhynos in just over a few days of having it. mainly because its beadless but the grip of the rim is just good. i have small hands and i can get good rips both fh and bh.

looks like my circle stampd rhynos may hit the market place :)

also...i will buy a dozen opto sinus when and if they come out. i dont think the tracktion pads will be worth a damn in premi plastic but i will be happy none the less.

I think a Zone is a slower Gator. I think a Sinus is a slightly less overstable Zone. They are awesome to throw. My advice is do what I do and email Tomas as Latitude 64 and praise the Sinus (I'm the guy who annoys the crap out of him for Goldline Spikes and Opto Sinus's). The more of us that push for other Premium Plastic putters from them, the more likely it is for them to arrive. I can imagine that an Opto Sinus would seriously be the Zone killer.

I think a Zone is a slower Gator...

I would disagree with this except for Z Zones (flew more like seasoned Pro Ds to me). Every other plastic of Zone I've thrown (everything but Crystal and Cryztal FLX) has been way more overstable than the Gators (glows and stock stamps) I've thrown. That's not to say that I couldn't get them to fly like a Gator, it just took a lot more power.

Got my Sinus AP in the mail today from Disc Golf Store (shipped Tuesday, arrived today) and took it to the field. Love it so far. It has a similar feel in hand to a Pure, with the shoulder being a touch taller, and the Zero plastic is super grippy.

If people call the Pure a mini Buzzz, I call the Sinus a mini Pain: straight with a strong, reliable fade when thrown flat; fights back out of an anny; holds a hyzer. I can already tell it is going to make the bag, because it seems really dependable. Also, it laughs at the wind.

If this thing were in Opto, it would be pure beef. Time to send a message to Latitude...

Expecting my pink AP to arrive in the mail today, unfortunately it is a 3 day rain spell and I may have to wait to throw it. I am expecting that this may be my 2nd most used disc in the bag other than my SSS Wizard which I use in the circle.

Expecting my pink AP to arrive in the mail today, unfortunately it is a 3 day rain spell and I may have to wait to throw it. I am expecting that this may be my 2nd most used disc in the bag other than my SSS Wizard which I use in the circle.

Got a chance to play a few rounds with my Sinus. I definitely love it. Even when my form was off and I was OAT'ing everything else, the Sinus stayed predictable.

I used it for pretty much any field shot <200ft or any tee shot <220ft. in which there was a hyzer route available, and if flew very nicely and held the line I wanted it go fly on.

The main problem I have found right now is finding a comfortable grip on it for more "finesse" shots. If I am ripping it I am fine, but when I am trying to throw with touch my grip needs adjusted. I pulled it to the right a few times and overshot the basket a few times because I wasn't feeling comfortable and confident. Fan grip didn't work for me, I had to stick with a controlled power grip.

Can't really say how much I like it as a putter for within the circle, because I love the SSS Wizard so much I see no reason to practice with anything else. But overall, I think the Sinus is now one of my new favorites in the bag.

P.S., I actually really like the grip pads for shots <100ft.

I asked latitude 64 if they could make the sinus in opto air since opto is too heavy for the mold. They said: "we will try this the next time we produce the sinus."

good call. that might work to get that hog of a mold into opto. i just hope they come out with decent colors other than the muted dull colors they released opto air in now.

im still loving my sinus sp, i have learned to trust it more and more and it just works awesome BH and FH with or without wind. ive had numerous FH approaches go in or hit chains from far out. love it.

I just picked 2 up from dgc. I looked in the mp but whitechocolate is the only one selling them and he wants $20 each for them.

Now lat 64 is my putter manufacturer. once the sinus arrives i will have a sinus, pure, and a spike in the bag. plus an opto pure for straight drives.

Last edited: