• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

any tips on buying 18 baskets cheap?

Grundleking

I've been working on plans to get a course put in at a local state park(Mauch chunk lake park, jim thorpe, PA)... i've done some minor shopping around for a bulk deal on 18 baskets, but the cheapest I could come up with was roughly $5,500.. any thoughts?

I finished my basket up for around $70 but I had the bike parts and several other key elements.

If you need 18... You will need to buy them or get the temp Instep baskets. They run cheap and seem to have decent reviews. They are nowhere close to the dg park quality but if $$$$ is the concern, not too much you can do.

Baskets are very expensive if you want a decent one.

find a disc golf course that caved/is caving and buy em off the parks dept cheap... heck... if you're just putting em in another park they'll prob drive em over there for you.

Of course, that is assuming that they are in a park and going to one... but the idea could work anyway.

We have a local in Olympia that makes baskets. His original baskets are PDGA approved targets, our club designed a variation of his original that has three sets of chains(mach V style). These are not approved targets, but catch excellent. I can't quote you a price, but our price was less than that of your $5500. If your interested, email me, [email protected] and I can put you in touch with him.

His baskets are professionally made (his family ownes a machine shop), and these baskets, although not quite as heavy as the mach series, catch excellent, are hot dipped galvanized, and plenty sturdy.

When I ordered Mach IIIs for the park, DGA had the best prices. I got a deal Buy 9 get one free.

I just looked at Marshall Street and they have a deal going now for Mach IIIs 18 for $7,560 free shipping. That will be cheaper than DGA.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.. i def want to get the pdga approved baskets i.e. innova, dga.. my friends and i already built a 9 hole course on his property with homemade baskets that we built... only cost us $250 to build 9 baskets... i'll keep everyone updated on what i figure out because it is at a really nice lake front park with a lot of interesting drives .. hopefully i can get the park to empty there pockets

You should try calling "Willowbrook DGC" in Byron, MI. Its a ball golf course that had an 18 hole DGC added to it. I went there a few days ago and they said next time we come to call ahead because they are trying to sell their baskets and get rid of the course. They have mainly DisCatcher baskets.

Not sure what the baskets are going for, but here is the number-
(810) 266-4660

Lightning DB5 are good baskets for the price. They would not be my first choice for a new course but if the budget is tight they are a good option at around $200.00 each.

5500 bucks for 18 sounds good. I would opt for the DGA Mach III's for 7500 though. At least you know what you are getting and you have the warranty.

The River Oaks Golf Course in Lansing, IL. had a DGC. They closed the DG course and pulled the baskets. The baskets may still be available. This is the pro shop #708-868-4090.

I don't know what Gateway is charging for the Titans, but since they are newer and I assume trying to popularize them, they might be cutting breaks for early adopters. I don't know, but it might be worth a call...

We figured $500-600 per hole with basket, concrete boxes, and a post for signage.

IMO thats pretty conservative considering a DGA basket is about $450. That only leaves you $150 for cement, wood, aggregate, post, and signage plus any other additional labor you may need.

IMO thats pretty conservative considering a DGA basket is about $450. That only leaves you $150 for cement, wood, aggregate, post, and signage plus any other additional labor you may need.

Yes, but the Innova DisCatcher price was around 300$, but you have 200-300 for pads, and that's a little more palatable. Plus, if you stamp the concrete as I seen in signage thread - you can save money on markers.

Sorry, but I wasn't planning on spending $450/hole on baskets. It just seemed like way more money for something that wasn't that much better. I got the Discathers for $2700 for 10 baskets. (Buy nine get one free.)

Latest posts