• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone having trouble promoting PDGA events?

If you read the reviews you'll have a better idea. Of course, everyone has different opinions of what a disc golf course should be, and are entitled to them. Some opinions are more different than others. Some are expressed in, uh, interesting ways.

I hate to thread drift so to bring it back, these courses being "horrible" were part of the diatribe against the PDGA, and why people in SN Land don't want to join. The consensus of the reviews on the IDGC courses hardly supports that notion.

There are some PDGA-haters in SN-Land but I still believe it's a lot of chicken/egg stuff---Why join the PDGA if there aren't many PDGA tournaments around? Why run a PDGA tournament if there aren't many PDGA members around? Which is part of the NPCTour's problem.

Long live PDGA in Arkansas. I love all of the tournements Doug runs bc they are PDGA. One problem in the Central Arkansas area is that at two of our courses the baskets are not good enough to host bigger events. That has always been discouraging to me as I would like to see more regionally based events and more Btiers to get the bigger crowds, the bigger payouts and the the better disc golfers. But I think SN and Pdga should be able to go together and when people refuse to sanction events it is frustrating because of all of the benefits out way the cost and I believe it would boost attendance greatly.

I think the other thing is people around the area don't like things such as dress code and other rules

Last edited:
I think it would be awesome if some tournements were able to give out memberships as payout! I do wish someone for central Arkansas would play in some tour events to get people intrested and it was awesome when NPC tour played in the Majestic bc people began talking about the PDGA. But the lack of true pros in the area is discouraging and I hope my generation of disc golfers can change that (although there are very few of us.) and hopefully someone can start playing on the tour one day.

I am from SN Land and I agree that there are not enough tournaments around here to justify a membership. I have never played a PDGA event(mainly because of the non-member fee and the fact that there is a SN event just as close). I don't live close enough for Trackin's tournaments.

I am writing here, because I agree with the person that said that women and jrs should get a discount or more incentive to join the PDGA. Even if I bought a membership, half the tournaments I went to might not even have a women's field.

I am frustrated because this years USWDGC is in my area and I am not playing in it, because joining the PDGA and taking the official's exam would be like adding $60 to my entry fee.

when people refuse to sanction events it is frustrating because of all of the benefits out way the cost and I believe it would boost attendance greatly.
Not necessarily true.

I think the other thing is people around the area don't like things such as dress code and other rules
The dress code is a non-issue in probably 95+% of PDGA events. The rules for the most part, are also applicable in unsanctioned events. If you don't have rules and/or enforce them as they're written, stuff like this can happen.

I think it would be awesome if some tournements were able to give out memberships as payout!
You can. But if the person who wins the membership is a local who doesn't play in tournaments much beyond the one in his hometown, its kind of a waste.