• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Are Tourneys Fun?

Do you enjoy tourney play?

• Yes

Votes: 214 72.5%
  • No

Votes: 52 17.6%
  • Haven't played in a tourney yet

Votes: 29 9.8%

• Total voters
No doubt, but from my perspective i use my casual rounds as practice, throw a couple from the tee, work on differnent things, all sidearm round, all mids, all putters. you can still "practice" while playing. Practice to me in softball or basketball is called a pick up game.

Are you grown men running layup lines and running suicides when you don't make layups? insert sarcastic smiley here

I never said i was not improving my game or not striving to, i just don't practice in the same manner as most.

I realize that i will be at my best a middle of the rung advanced player and at worst a middle of the rung intermediate player. I have accepted my place in this game and i am comfortable with that. I play for competition as i am 38 and not longer play softball or basketball. This is the only place i get the competitive juices going.

Fair points. Our basketball practices really are nothing more than pick-up games. We tried doing layup lines in pre-game warmup for a little while. That never really stuck though. Suicides? Not a chance.

Softball practice is really just one guy taking BP while everyone else stands in the field with a beer in one hand and a glove on the other.

Certainly any time you're out throwing frisbees, whether on the course or in the field, it's helping you to improve your skills. In my case, the nearest course is 30 minutes away, so it's far easier and much less time consuming to just go to a field near my house and throw some drives.

Fair points. Our basketball practices really are nothing more than pick-up games. We tried doing layup lines in pre-game warmup for a little while. That never really stuck though. Suicides? Not a chance.

Softball practice is really just one guy taking BP while everyone else stands in the field with a beer in one hand and a glove on the other.

Certainly any time you're out throwing frisbees, whether on the course or in the field, it's helping you to improve your skills. In my case, the nearest course is 30 minutes away, so it's far easier and much less time consuming to just go to a field near my house and throw some drives.

No doubt and by no stretch was I making fun of you. I used to play a ton of bbal and softball leagues just don't have the time anymore. Nor the body for that matter bad knees and ankles.

No doubt and by no stretch was I making fun of you. I used to play a ton of bbal and softball leagues just don't have the time anymore. Nor the body for that matter bad knees and ankles.

The Masters division is where it's at. See you soon youngster.