• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Are you a guide?

i have to make a trip up north. i really want to play redwood curtain, coyote point and a few other choice courses up your way.

i notice guides on many courses now...great thread

Maybe, this should be a poll... just kidding!

I'd add myself as a guide at more courses but am concerned about my availability. I'm listed on three courses and each one is just about an hour drive for me to get to. And those are my closest courses.

I could list myself as a guide, knowing that I might only be able to give advice on getting around the course if I can't make it out. What's anyone think about that? Just trying to figure how I could be helpful without being able to meet someone and that kind of thing.

I'm an Emery guide, but have never gotten any requests.

With a map, it's pretty straightforward, but without one, good luck ever finding 6 or 14.

None of the courses around me are anything more than short pitch n putt courses with scattered trees at most, where if you get lost you've got bigger problems, so I haven't bothered to put myself down as a guide.

Maybe, this should be a poll... just kidding!

I'd add myself as a guide at more courses but am concerned about my availability. I'm listed on three courses and each one is just about an hour drive for me to get to. And those are my closest courses.

I could list myself as a guide, knowing that I might only be able to give advice on getting around the course if I can't make it out. What's anyone think about that? Just trying to figure how I could be helpful without being able to meet someone and that kind of thing.

Do it. Better to be there and help at a bare minimum than to be no help at all.

None of the courses around me are anything more than short pitch n putt courses with scattered trees at most, where if you get lost you've got bigger problems, so I haven't bothered to put myself down as a guide.

should do it! be an ambassador for the sport and promote your local course!:clap:

Except that I don't actually recommend playing at any of my local courses if you can help it. Unless Dave242 manages to get Danny Cunniff redesigned, I don't have a course worth more than 1.5 discs within forty minutes of me...

Except that I don't actually recommend playing at any of my local courses if you can help it. Unless Dave242 manages to get Danny Cunniff redesigned, I don't have a course worth more than 1.5 discs within forty minutes of me...

I had no idea that Chicago had such a S**** golf scene.:gross:

I had no idea that Chicago had such a S**** golf scene.:gross:

Lots of courses, but they're mostly 9 hole courses in small city parks. There are a few nice courses around, but you have to get pretty far from the city to get to them (Joliet, Rockford, the Lemon Lake courses etc.).

Lots of courses, but they're mostly 9 hole courses in small city parks. There are a few nice courses around, but you have to get pretty far from the city to get to them (Joliet, Rockford, the Lemon Lake courses etc.).

It's nice to have lots of choices, but if they're all just boring 9 hole'ers then it looses it's fun factor quick.

It's nice to have lots of choices, but if they're all just boring 9 hole'ers then it looses it's fun factor quick.

Definitely, I've had some fun playing all the area courses (over 60 within 50 miles of me, but none within a half hour of driving, go figure), but now that I've played pretty much all of them, there's not a whole lot of replay value to the majority of them.

I have been a guide on the two local courses I play the most since the feature was added. More will be added as I branch out and get used to some of the others.

I signed up to be a guide on my local courses shortly after I joined. I was contacted once and we tried to meet up, but just missed each other, it sucked. I do think this is an awesome feature though it is always cool to play with a local when you are out of town. We played a couple cali courses and sure could have used a guide on a couple, as well as Mouer in Phoenix.

Latest posts