• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Aviarx3

After spending some time with the AviarX3, I took it out of my bag. It's not quite what I hoped it would be. It's more overstable than my (worked in) S-Line P2 but less overstable than a Pig. It works well for sidearm approach shots. I just wasn't as overstable as I wanted it to be when thrown sidearm with power. I wanted it to be similar to a Zone, it isn't. I'll be sticking with Pigs for now. Hopefully the production runs come out more overstable. I will say I do like it for backhand shots. I was using it quite a bit for short backhand drives off the tee & approach shots. I just can't justify keeping it in my bag. I want to be able to throw my overstable approach putter backhand & sidearm.

After spending some time with the AviarX3, I took it out of my bag. It's not quite what I hoped it would be. It's more overstable than my (worked in) S-Line P2 but less overstable than a Pig. It works well for sidearm approach shots. I just wasn't as overstable as I wanted it to be when thrown sidearm with power. I wanted it to be similar to a Zone, it isn't. I'll be sticking with Pigs for now. Hopefully the production runs come out more overstable. I will say I do like it for backhand shots. I was using it quite a bit for short backhand drives off the tee & approach shots. I just can't justify keeping it in my bag. I want to be able to throw my overstable approach putter backhand & sidearm.

the good news here is have you seen the latest r-pro pigs? super flatties.

Thanks for the review. I have yet to try an AvX3, but they sound like just what I want... more reliably overstable than the Aviar3, but not to the Zone/Harp level. I'll try one when they come out in regular production.

I got a proto star from DGU, but they only had blue when I got mine yesterday. Not sure where they came from as they had been out of stock for a bit.

Played around with the Aviarx3 and can say that its not going to make the bag unless I come across a hole it fits well. I would think that a Flat pro rhino, gator, and firebird could cover the lines and be more useful (also already in the bag). I will keep it around for the times wind just kicks up crazy at the course. Wouldn't mind maybe getting my hands on a pro one if they ever run it in that plastic.

Played around with the Aviarx3 and can say that its not going to make the bag unless I come across a hole it fits well. I would think that a Flat pro rhino, gator, and firebird could cover the lines and be more useful (also already in the bag). I will keep it around for the times wind just kicks up crazy at the course. Wouldn't mind maybe getting my hands on a pro one if they ever run it in that plastic.

Even though Pro putters would be the bomb, Innova doesn't like running certain discs in certain plastics (see XT and Pro Rhynos). I suspect XT if it gets a mid grade option though Champs and XT would pair really well together.

Even though Pro putters would be the bomb, Innova doesn't like running certain discs in certain plastics (see XT and Pro Rhynos). I suspect XT if it gets a mid grade option though Champs and XT would pair really well together.

Could agree with that. Think pro plastics kind of an old school thing. With the onset of Gstar taking that Stability slot and a much more premium plastic then pro. At least my pro rhinos get a new run every 3 years or so.

hmm aviarx3 in gstar could be an interesting combo

Anybody wanna sell their un inked aviarx3 to me for a decent price? Can also trade a zone if that's your thing.

How is everyone liking the DX AVx3? By far one of my favorite releases this year. Perfect disc for controlled touch-shots with nice stability/fade. The putter profile offers adequate glide as you would expect before fading. I used to throw pigs/P2s for this shot and found my self needing to torque too much on the pig for the added glide and getting too much glide/not enough fade with the P2. The AVx3 is perfect medium for me and I look forward to getting my hands on a star version.

Last edited:
How is everyone liking the DX AVx3? By far one of my favorite releases this year. Perfect disc for controlled touch-shots with nice stability/fade. The putter profile offers adequate glide as you would expect before fading. I used to throw pigs/P2s for this shot and found my self needing to torque too much on the pig for the added glide and getting too much glide/not enough fade with the P2. The AVx3 is perfect medium for me and I look forward to getting my hands on a star version.

Ion is still superior.

I got a DX AviarX3, and boy am I disappointed. The PLH is actually lower than my stock Aviar3's, and it flies about the same stability. The X3 is faster, but not a bit more overstable. Waste of money.

Production Proto Stars are live! Sunking has them available for preorder.

Anyone pick up a proto star? how do they differ from the protos before? Or are they the same?

Anyone pick up a proto star? how do they differ from the protos before? Or are they the same?

I've ordered one, and will let you know how it is when I get it. Dunno if there's a comparison, but my Star RocX3 that I'd ordered did come in, and its board flat. Gonna be fun trying these discs to see how they fly... :popcorn:

P.S. these things are flying off the online shelves. DGC has gone from over 20 to just 5 left, and Infinite was sold out last time I checked...

Last edited:
I've ordered one, and will let you know how it is when I get it. Dunno if there's a comparison, but my Star RocX3 that I'd ordered did come in, and its board flat. Gonna be fun trying these discs to see how they fly... :popcorn:

P.S. these things are flying off the online shelves. DGC has gone from over 20 to just 5 left, and Infinite was sold out last time I checked...

Star RocX3 sounds interesting. I might pick one up if they're as flat as you say. I can't wait to hear your findings on the AviarX3. I'm hoping they tweaked it to be more OS than the initial photos.

I've heard they are tweaked to be more stable than the protos. It definitely needed a little more separation from the Aviar3