• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

I've had great online service from GGGT. I guess they are less helpful in person or perhaps they dislike you due to your abrasiveness.

that or they treat you like a criminal the minute you step inside their building. i also have never encountered an employee that knew anything about their stock. when you order online they walk up and grab the first disc in the stack. i put all the good **** i see in the back, so have fun with your online orders. they also price things however they want, including $22 dollar proton intertias. not many people live 15 minutes from a major dg retailer. i do and i order online to avoid them specifically.

Hey mikeC ive been talking to a local shop owner and TD about his Day-glow event in late October. I was wondering if you think the eclipse envy will be on shelves by then? Or is that something they sent you to tease us? lol. It would make an awesome pack disc IMO.

2018 for eclipse

2022 for soft

got some field work in this evening with a small stack of envies. i bag 2 n 173 and 1p 175. tonight i had those three plus 2 more n and 2 more p.

dammit i like to keep my putting putters fresh and usually don't throw them except putts but these broken in neutrons stole the show. the fade is wearing out of them and the hss is nearly identical to the fresh ones as well as my ps. the fade is still there so i can trust them to come back and fade but the fade is showing way later and providing me with a super straight disc i can lay into and know its not turning. looks like one of my neutrons is getting bumped up to drives and approaches and a fresh for the putting slot.

freaking love this disc. anyone at glide that is looking to try mvp/axiom is walking out with an envy if i have a say in it!

I would also like to say GGGT is kinda crappy. Bought two discs online at the same time and asked them to combine shipping, well they didn't and double charged me shipping costs. One disc arrived and I called to ask about the second one, lets call him drew, treated me like I was an idiot and was wasting his time when they are the ones who screwed up. I don't need a friggin hug or anything, just be nice at the least. Second disc arrived three days later. What a joke. HYZERFARM and COMMUNITY DISCS have been the best I've dealt with, they are awesome and nice. Suk it drew bag. (Ya I probably went too far there but oh well)

Yeah I've haven't had the best experience with GGGT in person myself. It was cheaper for me to get the Watermelon Envy there tho since they were matching Dynamic Disc's price and I wouldn't have to pay shipping. I prefer Disc Golf Center and Disc Golf Store since they are inexpensive and have free shipping even on a single disc. GGGT is good for misprints and X-OUT tho as long as you pick it out in person. Just picked up an X Nuke X-OUT for $7. Since GGGT is local It is also a good place to look at new stuff, and see how it feels I in the hand. Anyway sorry for diverting the Subject.

Last edited:
Well I prefer Infinite Discs, personally, and they've been great about keeping me stocked with Envies. I've said many times that I don't like to stockpile discs, but Envies are one of only three molds (the others being Teebirds and Big Bead Aviars) that I have extras of. I just love how they fly in all stages of wear.

A fresh P is, of course, the most overstable but even with the amount of use I give my other P it's still pretty OS. Resists turn and still has fade.

But for me, and others can counter this if they have different experiences, the N beats in the sweetest. They lose their fade pretty quickly but still maintain their overall stability if that makes sense. I do find the N's easier to manipulate on lines (particular anny lines) where I need to work more to get the P's to hold the anhyzer the whole flight.

I guess my whole point is the Envy is an awesome disc, and I think everyone needs one in the bag.

that or they treat you like a criminal the minute you step inside their building. i also have never encountered an employee that knew anything about their stock. when you order online they walk up and grab the first disc in the stack. i put all the good **** i see in the back, so have fun with your online orders. they also price things however they want, including $22 dollar proton intertias. not many people live 15 minutes from a major dg retailer. i do and i order online to avoid them specifically.

nolan is like the anonymous of MVP fans ...except not...I guess...kind of non anonomous actually...but you know
f1876b9efad56ea11e473254ff3939fd.jpg

Was impressed by the Envy yesterday. I can see it kicking the S Anode out once it gets a little seasoned...

So has anyone really beat in an Envy yet? I'm curious as to how they fly. (Mine is still newish)

i've got a 170 N, and it's getting to be fairly straight @ full power. It gets thrown a lot, more than any disc I have, and I throw pancakes, grenades, etc. i.e. all the abusive shots, so it's pretty beat.

The key is, I have to throw it exactly level to slight anny to get that line though. I notice that even a little hyzer makes it fade about like it did from level when new.

It's a little less of a beef stick @ 150 ft, also, but at that distance it still fades pretty predicably, and will fight to flat on slight to 'medium' annys.

But, if this is what you're asking, my experience is that it seasons well, losing LSS slowly and steadily without losing even a tic of HSS.

The key is, I have to throw it exactly level to slight anny to get that line though. I notice that even a little hyzer makes it fade about like it did from level when new.

Pretty much this. The disc is ridiculous at holding and biting into any hyzer that you give it even after being beaten up. My N Envy is flying gorgeous frozen ropes, but only on a perfectly flat throw.

More agreement on the Neutron. Still has much in the way of high speed stability, but the fade (when thrown flat) is very, very minimal. It also works great for laser beam sidearm out to about 180 feet (for me).

It still excels at being able to be thrown lower to the ground than a more traditional putter while getting the same, if not more, distance. My most used Neutron can hold low anhyzers, but will pan out when the anny is given any type of height. I imagine it will take much more time to hold a pure high anhyzer, if it will ever do it.

Been playing a few one disc rounds with my freshest P Envy and the flight remains unchanged. It just seems to take more of a beating than Neutron. No issues with the rims getting chewed up in these runs either. I'm thinking that was only the first run of Neutrons.

Picked up another Envy this weekend. I have played with the one I picked up in April and now it is showing the slightest bit of turn. Always comes back but on a flat throw all it has is forward fade. Couple more tree hits and I think I might have something to put on an anhyzer and not have to worry about it coming back. I can't say enough about this disc. With a new one and my one being worn in, anything under 275 I can put wherever(subject to how I am throwing on any given hole).

Got my Watermelon in the mail today. Can't wait to try it out! 175g, bit on the heavier side. It will be replacing a Limited Edition Crystal Zone that my daughter had picked out (cause of pretty colors, one of the rainbow looking ones).

ive been trying to use a pair of watermelon envys as putting putters but im not adjusting well from my soft n ions. i should probably play some envy only rounds and get them a bit worn in, but its definitely off pudding.

ive been trying to use a pair of watermelon envys as putting putters but im not adjusting well from my soft n ions. i should probably play some envy only rounds and get them a bit worn in, but its definitely off pudding.
What weights are they?

Best disc I have picked up in couple years.

Very Hss at full power, low fade.

Putts, Ups, and especially driving