• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

I just went and played a bunch of short tees with Envies and Proxies instead of my Atoms.

Putting went really well. New putter concentration bias aside there are a few concrete things I liked about my new soft Cosmic Electron Envy compared to the soft E Atoms I've been putting with the last couple of years. I like the feel of the squarer nose and flatter shoulder/top. Envy likes a little more nose up to hold it's line and is less sensitive to nose angle in general. It doesn't need as much spin as the Atom, but it still takes spin easier than the Anode or Ion.

On approach shots the Envy had a nice predictable fade as it slowed. Compared to the Atom the fade was earlier and more forward.

As much as the idea of having one putter mold appeals to me, going all in on the Atom degraded my line shaping off the tee. The Proxy flew incredibly for me today on lines I'd been trying so hard to force out of my Atoms. My soft N Proxy is a straight and glidey line holder on shorter stuff and has a slow turn almost to the end of the flight when powered. My normal N Proxies have a little turn and a little fade and are perfect for me to shape lines with. The soft Neutron Envy I bought yesterday is surprisingly overstable. It has a stiffer rim and a tiny bit of a dome compared to the one I lost last summer. Despite the overstabilty it has good glide. I threw some good flex shots. Any flat or hyzer releases had pretty big fades that still got good distance.. This is the most overstable overmolded putter I've thrown and should be useful.

Just grabbed an Envy for the first time. I love how overstable it flies at first. Like a beat in Zone, but feels like it has way more glide. Im excited to use it on the course soon.

Just grabbed an Envy for the first time. I love how overstable it flies at first. Like a beat in Zone, but feels like it has way more glide. Im excited to use it on the course soon.

My favorite shot with mine today was on a 345' hole. It's pretty open with a road and trees on the right and the basket is under a big tree at the end. I forced a high anny that was just pulling out as it entered the canopy and dropped down next to the basket. I usually throw a Matrix or even a Volt if there is headwind, so yeah the Envy goes really far for an overstable putter.

My favorite shot with mine today was on a 345' hole. It's pretty open with a road and trees on the right and the basket is under a big tree at the end. I forced a high anny that was just pulling out as it entered the canopy and dropped down next to the basket. I usually throw a Matrix or even a Volt if there is headwind, so yeah the Envy goes really far for an overstable putter.

Wait til that sucker breaks in.... I kinda thought mine would be thrashed beyond the point of usefulness quick.. It did take a recent hit at the 2yr (very rough abuse) mark that's changed it a bit too much.. But it's been solid and really awesome and hey who knows maybe I'll tune it in again. Next time I'm going 5g heavier...

Wait I don't mean it that way.. Just that you will be impressed at the 2-5 month period when it breaks in, there's a lot of Proxy duties it can fill. It's plenty durable, I play on a rock pile and mine was meant as sacrificial, it's been decent. Not exemplary but decent. It takes years for me to beat the new off a plasma.. Soft electron is a nice change.

Just tried the envy/proxy combo for drives and approaches, all I can say is wow they fly incredible and they feel so amazing in my hand. Proxy has good HSS and the LSS isn't there, it's a dream. Envy is so comfortable to throw and mostly does what you want an overstable putter to do.

However, I do find that range control is challenging with the envy, it flies further for a putter than I am comfortable with. I'm consistently overthrowing by the same amount. Not sure whether I can learn to compensate for this.

Hey so I'm in line for a pre-order on a couple soft neutron envy's with plague doctor stamp.. Pretty fired up to try soft N again. Last time I threw one was 5 years ago and it was a freak 160. Flew less stable than any other one I had with a late and severe fade. How have your experiences been? How do they break in? Is it worse at lighter weights?

I've broken out my soft neutron Envy that I haven't thrown in a while and it is still an awesome disc. I would describe mine as fairly beat up. Out to about 150 feet it still has a dependable, slight forward fade. Beyond 150 it it pretty much just dead straight with maybe a very slight finish. If I put it on a hyzer it will still hold the hyzer line and have a dependable finish.

I've always thought the Envy was possibly the best throwing putter out there and I can't remember why I ever took it out and I'm glad I put it back in my bag.

Mine is a 173g. It's the heaviest one I could find at the time.

Hey so I'm in line for a pre-order on a couple soft neutron envy's with plague doctor stamp.. Pretty fired up to try soft N again. Last time I threw one was 5 years ago and it was a freak 160. Flew less stable than any other one I had with a late and severe fade. How have your experiences been? How do they break in? Is it worse at lighter weights?

I've thrown Envies in Neutron, Soft Neutron, Eclipse, ad Electron. I've only owned one Soft N, but it is my least favorite Envy. It has less HSS, but a typical Envy LSS. Just not what I want in an Envy flight. I prefer the true 0 turn that I get from my other Envies.

My neutron soft has good HSS and doesn't really show any turn. All of my electron ones show turn. In fact, I used to use an electron firm for turnover shots. My Eclipse is probably the most resistant to high speed turn.

My neutron soft has good HSS and doesn't really show any turn. All of my electron ones show turn. In fact, I used to use an electron firm for turnover shots. My Eclipse is probably the most resistant to high speed turn.

Electrons beat in after only a couple tree hits. But fresh out of the box, I've found them to be pretty comparable to their premium cousins.

I threw a firm Electron Envy for about a year and noticed no big difference in flight. I just recently got a firm cosmic Electron and switched it out just because it looks so nice.

Firms and softs are both nice. Medium Electron warps.

Electrons beat in after only a couple tree hits. But fresh out of the box, I've found them to be pretty comparable to their premium cousins.

The manufacturer would probably disagree with you.

Eclipse plastic...

3d97cf1dea306db29f4ce36d0c3adf5b.jpg

Electron firm....

c90a7c7f7749e8a16c07013c9e3f9f3f.jpg

Honestly, I find my eclipse flies pretty close to the flight numbers.

My Soft neutron flew about the same when it was new but has lost some of the LSS but still has good HSS.

My firm electrons also fly pretty true to their listed flight numbers. The pink one above was m straight to turnover disc even when it was brand new.

You're both right on that one... the mold did get tweaked or a different mold to make the electron Envy. I think the change in flight rating is fair, but a straight out of the box Electron soft Envy was my stop gap putter for about 3 months one summer when I went from my broken in protons to a fresh stack of plasmas. I needed a slightly worn flight but a reasonable stability. After 3 months they were relegated to different less stable lines.

The manufacturer would probably disagree with you.

Eclipse plastic...

3d97cf1dea306db29f4ce36d0c3adf5b.jpg

Electron firm....

c90a7c7f7749e8a16c07013c9e3f9f3f.jpg

Honestly, I find my eclipse flies pretty close to the flight numbers.

My Soft neutron flew about the same when it was new but has lost some of the LSS but still has good HSS.

My firm electrons also fly pretty true to their listed flight numbers. The pink one above was m straight to turnover disc even when it was brand new.

Bah, Eclipse has more turn than Electron, I don't care what the numbers say.
Eclipse: 3, 3, -1, 2
Electron: 3, 3.5., 0, 1

I much as I like MVP, their numbers are about useless.

Last edited:
wow, really? I haven't thrown Eclipse yet. I like the idea of more turn and more fade though.

No, not really. I've been throwing a 165g eclipse that has the same stability as my plasma and neutrons. I have a max weight sparkle proton that's more stable than my other premium plastic Envys, the rest all fly pretty true to the numbers.

Latest posts