• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Beach Sports Network - USDGC

I still haven't watched the whole thing but I like what I see so far. It makes these disc golfers seem so important, larger than life. Like other athletes. Of course we all know better, but it's funny how the production can change the perception.

Ding ding. The production made it seem that if the viewers don't know who these champion disc golfers were, it's their own fault. That's modern marketing. Don't try to convince consumers that something is cool, tell them it's cool.

We are not the target demographic. That said, I liked it, even though I'd rather watch hole-by-hole, shot-by-shot action. But this is a first step on that path, I think.

I still haven't watched the whole thing but I like what I see so far. It makes these disc golfers seem so important, larger than life. Like other athletes. Of course we all know better, but it's funny how the production can change the perception.

Pro disc golfers seem like athletes to me.

Thats the most TV worthy disc golf edit I've ever seen

I disagree. Videos from lcgm8 are much more like other sports broadcasts. I found this Beach Sports Network documentary style production to have too much talk and not enough disc golf. Where was the drama? They kept telling what was happening, or worse, what happened, instead of showing. No mention of Nate's struggle on 888? No mention of Paul's final round?

I disagree. Videos from lcgm8 are much more like other sports broadcasts. I found this Beach Sports Network documentary style production to have too much talk and not enough disc golf. Where was the drama? They kept telling what was happening, or worse, what happened, instead of showing. No mention of Nate's struggle on 888? No mention of Paul's final round?
Those are things that only those of us who are in the choir would care about. Being on a television network populated with other sports, they obviously weren't aiming for that demographic. They know we have Youtube for that sort of thing, or really don't care to watch in the first place.

If we want to use television to expose our sport to non-participants, what was shown, while albeit not perfect, is the way we need to go about it.