• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Beaded mid that will hold an anny line

93EXCivic

Double Eagle Member
I am noticing a big hole in mids in that I have no mids which will hold an anny line without flexing out. I currently bag a Rancho Roc and a DX Gator. The Roc isn't beat in enough yet.

I honestly do not have a preference as far as brands although I haven't had any luck with Discraft and I would kind of like to try out something outside of Innova and Discraft. I greatly prefer mids with a bead. I have tried out the Mako, Mako3, Axis and Core and none of those were for me.

I find that my Star VCobra (very beaded) will hold an nice, gentle anny line to the ground (on flat ground). I don't usually use it for that purpose, but I've done it on a few occasions.

The Prodigy M4 is very good for anny lines, but is not beaded.

Side note: I noticed that most of the discs you mentioned aren't very understable (Mako3 possible exeption), so I'm not surprised you're getting flex-outs....

Last edited:
Comet

Yes, it's Discraft, but this shot is second nature for Comets.

I had a Comet but I lost it. Maybe I should give it another chance but it just never felt right in my hand. Maybe I should try a different plastic. I had ESP. Not really familiar with Discraft's plastics.

Last edited:
I find that my Star VCobra (very beaded) will hold an nice, gentle anny line to the ground (on flat ground). I don't usually use it for that purpose, but I've done it on a few occasions.

The Prodigy M4 is very good for anny lines, but is not beaded.

Side note: I noticed that most of the discs you mentioned aren't very understable (Mako3 possible exeption), so I'm not surprised you're getting flex-outs....

Probably should have put those are the mids that I have tried out for at least a round not necessarily for that spot but I also realized those aren't all the mids I have tried. I have also tried the the Cro, Comet, Skeeter, M1 and Grizzly. Not really helpful info. :doh:

Another vote for Comet. Or throw your Roc into a lot of trees to expedite the break in process.

My disc of choice for this is Prodigy M4, but it has no bead as SD86 mentioned. Discraft Comet and Dynamic Discs Evidence are two more excellent choices.

I had a Comet but I lost it. Maybe I should give it another chance but it just never felt right in my hand. Maybe I should try a different plastic. I had ESP. Not really familiar with Discraft's plastics.

Kind of funny that you didn't like the feel in hand but throw Rocs. They're pretty similar in hand, but Comets generally do have a lot more dome. Any plastic blend of Comet is solid so you don't necessarily have to go premium. Elite X will just season faster.

If you like DX plastic, try a DX Cobra. Comets are a thing of beauty though and you can't go wrong with one. I remember when I first bought one, it felt a bit funky in my hand but I got over it quickly as soon found out how gracefully it flies.
Both of these are beaded, with the Cobra being slightly faster/lower profile.

Comet, or Mako. I have a Glow Mako that I can throw straight, or with an anny line. One thing I struggled with was finessing a disc on an anny line. If you put enough rip on a lot of discs they'll hold an anny line better than if you just try to float it up there. Yes, there are discs that'll hold that line, but it's also a large part of how you follow through and throw the disc itself. I always looked for that beat in KC Pro Roc for that shot until it was shown to me by a buddy of mine. He took out some of his new Team Innova Rocs and they all held that line if thrown properly.

If you like DX plastic, try a DX Cobra. Comets are a thing of beauty though and you can't go wrong with one. I remember when I first bought one, it felt a bit funky in my hand but I got over it quickly as soon found out how gracefully it flies.
Both of these are beaded, with the Cobra being slightly faster/lower profile.

I forgot I had a DX Cobra at home that I have never thrown. I will give that a try.