• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Being the Rule Nazi?

I suggest you rifle through everybody's bag and pick out a few discs that are "too stiff" and declare that they can't use them until inspected by an official.

on an internet forum where peopke talk about frisbees.

thats like farting in the restricted section in a library. you wont cropdust anyone.

That is why I went to school.......instead of trying to make this game a career.

Sad knowing my friends may only be at the top for a few years and then have little to fall back on....THANKS DAD!!!

That is why I went to school.......instead of trying to make this game a career.

Sad knowing my friends may only be at the top for a few years and then have little to fall back on....THANKS DAD!!!

if you were going to try to make any game a career, this would probably be the last on the list of professional sports. heh heh.

if you were going to try to make any game a career, this would probably be the last on the list of professional sports. heh heh.

Yeah but when you reach 1000 at the age of 16....it seems like a decent idea.

I feel like this game can act as some sort of trap for the young guys.

I should have stuck to BG...lol

Rule Nazi = good, Real Nazi = bad

Rule Nazi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Real Nazi.

how the hell can you scale weigh Everyone's discs? that's just being a deuche for deuches sake.

Douche.....but yea

Anyway I feel like a lot of DGers have experience with using scales.:D

Some Wizards are now illegal (and so are others) due to being too stiff..........so if anything testing the discs is just playing by the rules right?

IMO Blizzard has more reason to be illegal than stiff putters.

I do think there is a fine line. Personally if I see a rule breaker. I will pull him to the side so it's not infront of the crowd. I do play in rec and to me it's more important to just work bettering myself. Now I almost had to call a guy for jump putts at my last tourney. But then I realized he was missing all his putts and flying over the baskets on all of them. I did finally say later. Hey man in you stay on your feet sometimes its easy to line up your putts. Needless to say he 3 putted almost every hole.

Last edited:
Douche.....but yea

Anyway I feel like a lot of DGers have experience with using scales.:D

Some Wizards are now illegal (and so are others) due to being too stiff..........so if anything testing the discs is just playing by the rules right?

IMO Blizzard has more reason to be illegal than stiff putters.

I thought my magic was the stiffest disc I owned. what's the story behin this "no stiffies on the course" rule.

I totally think blizzard is walking the fine line, but it has the pdga stamp on it, so that should be the end of any discrepencies, right?

I thought my magic was the stiffest disc I owned. what's the story behin this "no stiffies on the course" rule.

I totally think blizzard is walking the fine line, but it has the pdga stamp on it, so that should be the end of any discrepencies, right?

There has been a stiffness rule for a while.....but it had/has no teeth.

The PGA outlawed Belly putters after allowing them for years, I feel that a Blizzard disc is like a 1000cc driver in BG......"WOW I can hit is as far as Tiger"...even though a driver that large would not be found on the PGA tour...but this is just my personal opinion.

If they're a competitive advantage, throw them. It seems a bit petty to complain that mass-produced discs give other people an unfair advantage when anyone can buy one for stock price.

There has been a stiffness rule for a while.....but it had/has no teeth.

The PGA outlawed Belly putters after allowing them for years, I feel that a Blizzard disc is like a 1000cc driver in BG......"WOW I can hit is as far as Tiger"...even though a driver that large would not be found on the PGA tour...but this is just my personal opinion.

Yeah these blizzard discs are pretty crazy in how overstable and how much D u can get with them, but i have yet to see someone throw these with consistency because they use mids that are 180 and putters that are 175 and then try and launch a 130g boss! Its actually kinda funny the griplocks and monkey paws that i have seen.

If they're a competitive advantage, throw them. It seems a bit petty to complain that mass-produced discs give other people an unfair advantage when anyone can buy one for stock price.

Guess so........

Just funny seeing people throw really far with the discs....but not with a normal driver....Same as me hitting a Huge BG driver Vs. one approved for PGA play.

Last edited:
Again, it's approved and you can buy one. For me, a blizzard disc gives me a small gain in distance with no loss of control so I have one in the bag. If you think it can give you some monster gain in distance, throw one. If not, maybe it's not such a huge advantage. Light discs have been around a long time, the only real difference between a blizzard boss and a light r-pro or dx boss is that the blizzard one lasts more than a couple throws.

uh I guess the only difference is that blizzard is pdga approved along with other plastics.

I'm just waiting for a helium injected Force. and I will be back on air bubbles band wagon again.

uh I guess the only difference is that blizzard is pdga approved along with other plastics.

I'm just waiting for a helium injected Force. and I will be back on air bubbles band wagon again.

I would throw one....not allowed to use Blizzard

Although.....I wouldn't use it on every drive like many people I see.

Had Gateway made these discs first the PDGA would have found a reason to prevent their use...and BTW Gateway was the first to come up with the Air bubble method of reducing weight while retaining flight characteristics.

Last edited:
Had Gateway made these discs first the PDGA would have found a reason to prevent their use...and BTW Gateway was the first to come up with the Air bubble method of reducing weight while retaining flight characteristics.

Yeah! If Gateway did it first it would be illegal! And Gateway did it first! And other conspiracy theories! :rolleyes:

Latest posts