• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Berg-X

ah yes, more glideless approach discs, so hot with the rec/novice crowd right now

I see some pretty decent players throw them around my area but even they suffer the predictable blow past the approach shot when they throw a normal disc after getting used to the air brake flight type discs.

Not sure a more stable Berg is needed or who it targets among the player base. I am a big fan of the Berg, but for very rare and specific shots (heavily sloped green where I'm forced to come in at a less than desirable angle) forehand rollers where I need a dead straight recovery shot, or Circle 3 when I'm outside my normal putting distance but want to run the basket. Otherwise it just hung out in the bag till needed, delivered when called upon, and went back to his room. Just not sure I'd ever need an X version.

Not sure a more stable Berg is needed or who it targets among the player base. I am a big fan of the Berg, but for very rare and specific shots (heavily sloped green where I'm forced to come in at a less than desirable angle) forehand rollers where I need a dead straight recovery shot, or Circle 3 when I'm outside my normal putting distance but want to run the basket. Otherwise it just hung out in the bag till needed, delivered when called upon, and went back to his room. Just not sure I'd ever need an X version.

I have heard people not liking them for stronger winds and throwing hard... I think they are just trying to use it for the wrong stuff. Some of them want it to be a zone replacement, which Kasta answered with the Jarn. I am not sure what a mega beef 1 speed is supposed to be for either. And I love slow plastic.

I have heard people not liking them for stronger winds and throwing hard... I think they are just trying to use it for the wrong stuff. Some of them want it to be a zone replacement, which Kasta answered with the Jarn. I am not sure what a mega beef 1 speed is supposed to be for either. And I love slow plastic.

Completely agree. I've never once thought, you know what I need, a super beefy 1 speed with no glide. Seems counterintuitive. If I was a forced Kastaplast only player, the Reko X and the Yarn are the strong wind, throw hard step ups from the Berg and do the job. And if I'm not a dedicated Kastaplast thrower, am I even considering a Berg X? I don't know.

I love my bergs. I'll definitely be bagging the berg x even if the disc golf elitists don't think they are cool. Earlier this year I played a tournament in 30mph winds. That disc could of really come in handy.

I think it sounds useful. Not for like 150'+ upshots in strong winds, more like anhyzer flex shots, 80' layups in strong winds, iddy biddy spike hyzers, forehand rollers.

These are things I do with a Järn but often wish I had a slower disc for.

Also, my beat in K3 Berg is a Berg Z, didn't take too much time to get it there (using it for most upshots on rocky courses and putting with it for a while).

I think it sounds useful. Not for like 150'+ upshots in strong winds, more like anhyzer flex shots, 80' layups in strong winds, iddy biddy spike hyzers, forehand rollers.

These are things I do with a Järn but often wish I had a slower disc for.

Also, my beat in K3 Berg is a Berg Z, didn't take too much time to get it there (using it for most upshots on rocky courses and putting with it for a while).

Big Berg fan here...you described a Stego lol

After reading the ten thousand posts about how glidless the Berg is, I went and bought a few. They have plenty of glide. I'd have thought that for all the enthusiasm about it, the wonderdisc would have been more remarkable. It's like when everybody compared them to Polecats, and I thought people had lost their minds.

I'm sure the X will be just as "special."

Big Berg fan here...you described a Stego lol

Yes, however the Stego's extreme OS comes with high amounts of spin and velocity, hopefully this will behave like that but in a more normal feel and at less than full bore.

Berg-X, Toro, Zone OS, Berg, A2, Stego...

Overhyped for sure.

Every new driver ever...

We're not reinventing the wheel here. Just comparing PLH's and runs and colors of said runs and domes for said colors compared to others. Picking nits.

I bag a Berg (OG) and now a Glitch. Couldn't be happier with that combo. Plus a Proxy and beat e Envy. Sometimes a Comet. :D

Yes, however the Stego's extreme OS comes with high amounts of spin and velocity, hopefully this will behave like that but in a more normal feel and at less than full bore.

Normal feel point I get and can agree with, but it's super easy to throw a flex or spike with a Stego at low power/speeds/distances.

Respectfully disagree.

I like the Berg, but I don't need one that's more stable. What I need is something that flies like a Berg but feels like a Zone. My tiny little baby hands find the Berg a bit deep. I think it's because my thumb sits more or less on top of the thumb track. Works fine for backhands, but I have trouble getting a clean forehand release. It wants to hang on my fingers. Haven't found anything for approaches yet that flies as dead straight on the forehand but feels better.