• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Axiom Time-Lapse Distance Driver

got a a couple and more on the way. Very nice feel - simon knows what hes doing...clearly

Simon kind of steps through the different runs so far and gives his impressions for each of the different colors for this stock first release @ 4:15 or so.

From Least to Most stable for the core colors tested

US/TurningS/Neutral "Bomber"Pretty OSMost OS
PurpleBlue/Grey/Mint-Seafoam GreenWhite/Day glow Green-Yellow/RedProto Run

From what I saw loaded up to online retailers there are also these core colors (some more common than others):
Yellow, Pink, Orange, Green, Maroon

I wonder how many of each core color Simon threw. He also has a bit more arm speed than most players. Probably some additional slight variability with different overmold colors/swirly blends as well.

I wonder if there is a known quantity of each core color MVP produced for the Proto or First runs.

Picked up a couple Blue core Time Lapses at 170 (white/pink overmold) and 175g (orange/yellow overmold) off OTB. They were both rated 5 flatness and 6 stiffness. The 175g has more dome (pop top) and the core plastic is more transparent - closer to a 5.5 flatness rating for me. 170g is flatter past the shoulder with a more translucent core - closer to a 4 flatness rating for me.

Not the greatest day to test throw (mid 40s F temps with 7-10mph winds and mushy ground conditions) but I was getting 20-40' more distance out of the flatter 170g into headwinds and with tailwinds. I'd describe the flight as having a slight turn with an abrupt fade. Summertime temps will be the real test but today they flew like 12.5/4/-0.5/2.5.

Rim width feels a bit wider than the Destroyer/Scorpius and close to a Boss/Quasar. Rim depth is pretty typical for a stable distance driver. I'm unfamiliar with how Neutron typically breaks in or gains grip in warmer temps but these Blue core ones are kinda slick/oily right now. I hope that diminishes with use as the newness goes away.

OTB Disc tonight loaded up on the time lapse stock. there are several colors several at the lowest weight of 170g. Including purple which supposed to be understable. I picked one up at 170g, I'm just hoping to be able to throw it stable. there are about four more left at this moment, those discs go fast. I had pre-ordered and what arrived was an orange 175g that is definitely overstable for me with calm wind. I'm waiting for some good wind 20 mph Plus which looks like we'll have Monday, and I will find out more about it and hopefully be able to do more with it.

I've gotten to hold a few and they feel very Destroyery but people I play with say they don't love it. Apparently it's very straight(production run) at high speed, but if they don't get all of it they are fading out earlier than expected.

Wish I could have gotten one of those beefy protos.

I've got a blue 170g with a red rim and stock stamp. I also have a blue with light blue rim, 173g SE stamp. They fly almost identical but the stock stamp is easier to manage. I can throw mine 380-410' consistently, for reference. The are mostly straight to fade for me. But that's OK because my Tesla's are straight to fade and usually in the 340-370' range for me. If I get a perfect rip, I have thrown my tesla's close to 400' but that same perfect rip would push the time lapse past 420', for sure.

When thrown with a little anhyzer, this is where I really see the -1. They carry that anhyzer for a long time before fading back. I've also noticed the same with my tesla. When thrown flat the tesla is almost 9 5 0 2 but given a little anyzer and the 9 5 -1 2 is fully apparent. It's a really workable distance driver that goes as far as the Zeus or Destroyer would carry for me. I would say they are still a tick more stable and I would really love to get some Time Lapses that were closer to 165g. However, I also far prefer to buy discs that are a bit more stable than what I want them to be so they beat into a nice sweet spot for a long time. These fit the bill. Just a hair of flip when thrown flat, a subtle turn and then fade. They will beat in to a very dependable flip to turn with a consistent fade that I can trust won't turn and burn.

Simon showed off some other plastic blend tester run Time Lapses in his recent unboxing Vlog. He was most excited for the Fission so I expect we will get those sometime soon - maybe he will be able to test throw them and compare in the near future.

Small update on my experience with the 2 Time Lapses I picked up - slightly warmer temps (50s F) but similar wind conditions ~10mph yesterday and I was able to play a full round at a course with some bomber open holes. My opinion on the lower glide is unchanged and they both held up well to headwinds. Probably 40' shorter on a few holes to what I get with my Sirius Scorpius. The 170g one does seem to respond pretty well to flexing tight line drive shots. Pretty punishing trying to throw higher lines on anhyzer and missing the angle a little - most of my attempts resulted in stalling out early and not holding the anhyzer very long. 175g one is more OS 12/4/0/3+ dumpy fade kind of shots - big fade skips are possible with those low line drives.

I avoided buying one of these, but ended up winning one as a door prize. I don't think I even want to throw it. I know a lot of you are MVP fans, but in my opinion, their plastic feels like shit. It was in the 40s out when I got it, but it was rock hard, slick, and really deep to the point that it was uncomfortable to grip. I don't remember the last time I felt a recently produced disc and felt that disgusted just by the feel of it. Y'all are nuts for throwing these when Star Destroyers exist.

yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

In all seriousness, I have found plenty of discs and plastics I don't vibe with. Sounds like you found yours. I've thrown star destroyers and liked them a lot, funny thing is the Time Lapse lands in the same area for me and I like the feel better. Go figure.

I avoided buying one of these, but ended up winning one as a door prize. I don't think I even want to throw it. I know a lot of you are MVP fans, but in my opinion, their plastic feels like shit. It was in the 40s out when I got it, but it was rock hard, slick, and really deep to the point that it was uncomfortable to grip. I don't remember the last time I felt a recently produced disc and felt that disgusted just by the feel of it. Y'all are nuts for throwing these when Star Destroyers exist.

Sorry you have small hands. This disc feels great. Name any disc in a stiffer premium plastic that feels good at 40*? none.
That being said i still love my destroyers. The time lapse takes that spot in my mvp only bag.

I got a lab second Time Lapse in the Gyropalooza box, is there any way of telling what run this is? I'm hoping it's the stock run.

I got a lab second Time Lapse in the Gyropalooza box, is there any way of telling what run this is? I'm hoping it's the stock run.
My L2 I got from Sheep is more stable than my stock run. If you take a picture I will also post one of both of mine and we can compare.

L2 left, stock run right
The stock run looks to have a more gradual curve into the PLH vs that lab secoknd which seems far more agressive.

Thankfully you like beef.
Cause I struggled with that.

I didn't wanna post a review of it with it being a lab second, but MVP doesn't send me free stuff or pay me to do reviews. So... I'm not paying for one. hahaha.

No it's nice, I really like the extra stability for forehands. I threw it like 440 on this floaty high FH flex line and didn't even feel like I threw it that hard.

I do like the stock one more for backhands though, it's more manageable for my 400-425ft max backhand at the moment.

Finished my Time Lapse review today if anyone is interested in seeing their 20th TL video

@SimonLizotte8332 Time Lapse Review- Last to the party edition

L2 left, stock run right
I'll take a photo of mine as soon as I get a chance and remember to haha, it's deep down in a box atm. There's still about three months until the snow is gone here and I can start throwing for real, my fingers are itching to try this as well as a bunch of other discs I bought during the winter.

Ideally I want the Time Lapse to show decent flip up at 450' of power with a reliable fade since this is the slot I have the most trouble finding discs to fill. I don't have high hopes for that though and expect it to be more overstable than what I want. I do really like overstable stuff and since I'm most comfortable releasing on a slight anny that's what I use the most, but I already have a bunch of drivers that fill those slots.

If it's a stock run, I can get turn at 400' of power on the stock run but not really at all on the L2.