• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Birdie Disc Golf - Marvel

fishballer06

Eagle Member
Birdie makes their disc debut with a solid initial offering. This straight to slightly overstable beadless putter is incredibly consistent and great for putting and throwing alike.

The Marvel takes well to spin putts as well as push and hybrid types and will quickly work it's way alongside the most used discs in your bag!

Our base plastic is like nothing else on the market and will provide plenty of grip while maintaining some flex.

The Marvel is a completely new mold, designed and owned by Birdie. We aren't renaming other manufacturers existing molds, so you can be sure that we are bringing originality to the game along with the latest advancements in disc design!

https://www.pdga.com/technical-standards/equipment-certification/discs/marvel

The Marvel officially dropped today. They are sponsoring Scott Stokely and the DGPT shop is also carrying them as well. Things look pretty promising for this new mold from Birdie. I ordered a few myself after talking to Derek and Kevin about them over the past few months. Has anyone else gotten their hands on one yet?

If we get to play guessing games then I'm going with Gateway.

That would've been my guess based on the description of the plastic and the pics of the black putters kinda have that texture along the outer edge like a lot of the black gateway putters do.

I lol'ed at the NDA though, so maybe gateway is out.

I lol'ed at the NDA though, so maybe gateway is out.

That would seem a little odd. Gateway generally doesn't go out of their way to make sure nobody knows who they are manufacturing for.

Someone scratch and sniff one and tell us if it smells like genuine Italian blend plastic.

That would seem a little odd. Gateway generally doesn't go out of their way to make sure nobody knows who they are manufacturing for.

Someone scratch and sniff one and tell us if it smells like genuine Italian blend plastic.

Ah I'm guessing the NDA was Birdie's idea, just wanting to keep the shop talk a secret?

Anyone thrown these any?

Saw them in my local PIAS and the felt nice.

I messed around with a few yesterday. They putt straight, quick, and have some good glide. I hit the top of the basket almost every putt as they were just pushing a little farther than my normal putters (Omega4). For throws, they were stable. I could throw them hard but it would not flip over for me. Just a nice straight flight with a mild fade at the end. The shape of the disc really its my hand well, I would call them a medium depth putter with a flat underside of the rim. It is sort of like a less deep P2 in a way. I think mine were from the second run, but the plastic was firm and tacky. I really liked them after the one round I used them for. Has anyone seen who is making these for them yet?

I felt some up in the store and they don't feel like anything gateway has made before. So I'm guessing it's not them.

I've been throwing them some and have been really impressed by the glide. I have no problem pushing these out to 275'.

So it probably something not too different from one of the Aviars? Maybe made by the one company in the US who makes discs for a whole lot of different people who put their stamps on discs?

Saw a video recently of the Marvel and I'm interested. How does the premium plastic mold up to the baseline? Is it way deeper than the baseline?

I recently saw a YT vid about some dude talking about the Marvel and Birdie's only other offering at the moment, a 7,5,0,2 driver mold. (errybody trying get in on that Teebird goodness).

I thought it would be interesting to pick up a stack of each mold and play with just those two. Varying plastics, weight, and wear to cover all the needed lines. It looks like the Marvel powers up and down to fairly well, and if their driver is anything like a teebird, I'd expect the same.

I'm the type of guy who likes to get creative at the course with just two discs - a putter and fairway (#envyandcrave4lyfe) - anyways so maybe this idea is just interesting to me...

Latest posts