• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Axiom Time-Lapse Distance Driver

Yeah this is piles of gross, I thought about using my dealer status (I think I still have that from a decade back) to be a pirate. But I couldn't think of another 20 discs I needed for the min order haha.

That whole marketing bit about a driver for everybody was just blatant BS. Happy not to be on that train.

I didnt think it would be this obscene. In a semi related note I picked up a wayfarer envy for $40.. I guess the other one on my rack just went down in price.

I'm mainly interested in the time lapse because MVP does a good job of making a lot of discs in lighter weight ranges. I *love* my 167 shasta hurricane, but I can't even find stock stamps at that weight in standard plastics.

Once I saw how OS that thing is my interest in it dwindled. Only elite distance throwers will get anything other than a strong fade out of it as it is a very OS Destroyers variant, at least the prototype run. Once (and i dont think there is an if) they make this out of fission in lighter weights it might become useful for people in the 400-500 foot range but until then it is made and molded for pros exlusively. Im not too familiar with Simons bag setup as I dont know the MVP distance drivers, but goes he have anything that would replace his PD2? Maybe the Time-Lapse fills that one for him.

As for the marketing of the disc: the 40 Dollar price tag obviously worked as a lot of people are talking about it and I kinda hate that this means more companies will adapt this approach of releasing an overpriced collectors run. We have already seen this in cases like the beef stamp Zone OS, but this is another level.

Hopefully mvp rug pulls the resale collectors. Create artificial scarcity after the initial marketing hype then dump surplus on the market. Also I'm still holding out hope they run them in eclipse plastic.

Hopefully mvp rug pulls the resale collectors. Create artificial scarcity after the initial marketing hype then dump surplus on the market. Also I'm still holding out hope they run them in eclipse plastic.
People are paying premiums for '4-claw' stamps which were just stock stamps from 2019ish, so I don't see that being a solution

I think saturation is inevitable. Look at the JC electron holy shot blue and yellow. They said everyone could have one, that they would make em until everyone who wanted one had one. I think they started at $30 and now you'd be lucky to get $10.

The other problem is that MVPs fan base has probably tripled or quadrupled. There isn't that many OG gyroheads, so the old OOP stuff has little value even though its much more rare. Some of the OG SE's have actually fallen in value with the new fan base. I've seen some melon envys going for less than I paid for mine 5yrs ago.

They are creating their own artificially inflated market.

People are paying premiums for '4-claw' stamps which were just stock stamps from 2019ish, so I don't see that being a solution
I'm sure these first runs will always command a premium from the weird disc golf disc collectors but if mvp dumps half a million of these on the market next year they'll have won both sides of the market. I don't get the 4 claw thing at all though.

I think saturation is inevitable. Look at the JC electron holy shot blue and yellow. They said everyone could have one, that they would make em until everyone who wanted one had one. I think they started at $30 and now you'd be lucky to get $10.

The other problem is that MVPs fan base has probably tripled or quadrupled. There isn't that many OG gyroheads, so the old OOP stuff has little value even though its much more rare. Some of the OG SE's have actually fallen in value with the new fan base. I've seen some melon envys going for less than I paid for mine 5yrs ago.

They are creating their own artificially inflated market.
I used to have several mvp vectors, gave them away to locals who are mvp fans. They'll probably be worth the same price I paid for them a decade ago in a decade and this time lapse will be worth 10 bucks with whatever stamp and the first runs will be 500 dollars.

I'm sure these first runs will always command a premium from the weird disc golf disc collectors but if mvp dumps half a million of these on the market next year they'll have won both sides of the market. I don't get the 4 claw thing at all though.
The thing about this limited release is the stamp. As I understand it, the regular SimonLine runs will not have the three stripes across it. So any other TimeLapse discs that come out will be 'different'. That makes this true limited run more valuable to some people. But will it be worth more than $200 five or ten years from now? I doubt anyone who pays those prices will ever make their money back. Will MVP do a true limited run of the next SimonLine discs? Who knows....I've heard online* that it will only be this disc as it was intended to introduce the SimonLine.

*On the Official MVP Disc Sports Fan Community Facebook page.

Felt one of these guys and it's nice, but for the price I'm not so sure. They managed to build in some dome/shoulder for Simon which is cool.

I feel like you'd have to be quite the kool-aid drinker to pay $40 for a destroyer clone. Every company has one for less.

Also, I dont know how other people feel about it but Simon is not a big attractor for me.

With James Conrad and Guinevere (Madison Walker) representing I was at least happy to spend on the occasional over-mold.

I feel like you'd have to be quite the kool-aid drinker to pay $40 for a destroyer clone. Every company has one for less.

Also, I dont know how other people feel about it but Simon is not a big attractor for me.

With James Conrad and Guinevere (Madison Walker) representing I was at least happy to spend on the occasional over-mold.
You don't have to be 'kool-aid drinker' to pay for it. There are many reasons to pay high prices for a disc, when bought first-hand (from the manufacturer or retailer).

1. It is a disc in support of a player and you want to support that player. Simon gets a part of the price paid for the disc bought from the manufacturer. Other touring players have the same deal with their "signature" discs.
2. The disc is a "limited edition" and you want one for your collection.
3. You believe the disc is of higher value, or will be and you are getting one or more to speculate on future price. (Or immediate price increase as seen with the Time Lapse).
4. You have a collection and are getting the latest version (again, for reason 2 or 3). Example, someone who is collecting one of every version of the McBeast Claw discs. Could be collecting them to have them or hoping one day that a full collection will be worth big bucks.

Paying the bigger bucks for the "eBay" resellers does seem to be a bit much....but, again, some people are willing to pay that for reasons 2, 3, or 4.

I get you Bill, but if your goal is to get a destroyer clone then you can do better than $40 (sans kool-aid.)

If you're interested in collection or speculation then its value is whatever you convince your self or another person, respectively.

You definitely shouldnt try to sell it to me, 'cause I'm not paying more than $16 for it.

I don't mind buying a fancy disc for $40 that I would throw. Custom dye or whatever. Something to hang on the wall? I'd pay up to $60 dunno if it's an envy or comet maybe $100.

Obviously a OG Destroyer is worth $40 to someone 😄

I think the point is where everyone's personal limit and scruples lie. Investing in discs is not a smart investment... but scalping pays.

MVP has done a lot to mash the scalpers with their production. It's interesting that they did a limited run of 1000+. I bet they devalue in a hurry. The OG discer in me hopes so anyways.

Haha a little off topic but I'm FB friends with an OG innova sponsored pro because I bought a orange cyclone for $18 off him for nostalgia and I was like "what the hell I couldn't believe you couldnt get 30". I feel the same way about my OG-yro stash... it ain't worth nothing but a used disc.

For God's sake, don't you remember when MVP marked all their weights with silver sharpie?!! Oh right, no... but you paid $80 for a eclipse hexolizotl because a pink rim is a variant?!!!

Sheeeet I just snagged a gold plasma circuit tangent for $25... the new order of disc golf is FfffD to the Max

The plot bethickens. The disc finally appeared today on Discsport.se/eu, with a photo of nine discs marked at $45. When I first saw the item, it was oddly labelled "out of production" instead of upcoming. Some minutes later it had become labelled "out of stock".

The first five Time Lapses sold on the premier Swedish auction site went for $245, $235, $265, $230 and $170, respectively. (I don't how many of the people bidding are speculating, but some were clearly collectors.) All three sellers are clustered geographically close to the Discsport HQ, none of them has a history of selling discs or other sporting goods.

I'm not saying there's necessarily anything untoward going on, I'm pretty sure if I were a retailer and got sent a bunch of discs I'm supposed to sell for ~$40 but I know the street price is 4-6 times that, I'd want to look into alternative ways of offloading them.

#discspiracy

sure has been.....interesting....trying to acquire new mvp discs. haven't seen this, the watt, the pitch, the tempo and some other newer releases for sale at all, anywhere.