• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best bag for the $$$?

Spend the extra money on a more expensive bag IE: Revolution, GB, etc.. It will be well worth the price when you dont have to buy a new one every year.

I had a Innova DISCarrier w/ Innova straps and the setup didnt even make it a whole year. I spent the extra money on the Carolina and I think Im gonna have this bag for at LEAST 3 years. I am pretty hard on my bag, though, so depending on how much you play, how careful you are with the bag, you may not need a really heavy duty bag.

I have heard good things about the fade bags, but I have never used one myself. Also, they are resonably priced.

Even though I'm a big fan of GB I would also like to note that FADE does help out this site from time to time.

I play about 54 to 72 holes per week and my Fade Tourney still looks brand new. There are a several great manufacturers out there, but the question was: which bag for the least $$. Fade is hands down that bag.

Love the Astroworld Patch!!!

If you can believe it, I bought that patch at Astroworld about 28 years ago. I had it in a drawer for years, and found it one day. The wife sewed it on for me. I miss Astroworld so much. I got married there in 2000.

If you can believe it, I bought that patch at Astroworld about 28 years ago. I had it in a drawer for years, and found it one day. The wife sewed it on for me. I miss Astroworld so much. I got married there in 2000.
I've never met anybody married in an amusement park. Did you tie the knot and consummate on a roller coaster?

I guess you missed my post and picture.:\

oh i saw your post, but the overwhelming majority here are talking about fade of GB or revo, i just wonder if that just anti-innova sentiments or do the bags really suck that bad?

Innova bags suck as do their quad shocks.

I have a small beginners Innova bag. It fell apart really quickly. :(

I haven't played for 3/4's of a year yet, and it is already going to pieces. That is shoddy craftsmanship, in my opinion. I'm currently looking for a replacement bag. Thanks for all the good suggestions, people!

I've never met anybody married in an amusement park. Did you tie the knot and consummate on a roller coaster?

I actually got married in a theater there called "The Crystal Palace". It looks like an old western style theater inside. It was really cool. The the train picked everyone up and took them to the other side of the part to a big restaurant called "The Sword and Crown" for the reception. It was in December and the park was closed, so we had the whole place to ourselves.

If you want a bag that will last for a long time even with heavy play I say Gorilla Boy Kong and if you want a bag that can handle light play or just don't have the money the Fade Tourney is solid.

All of Frank's posts (in this thread) are spot on, IMO.

I've never owned a GB but I've never heard a bad word about them, so either they're either the bee's knees or everyone is hyping them up to save face.

I own both a Fade Crunch and a Tourney and they've both held up admirably, great value (got mine for $40 from Prime). The only caveat is, if you get either Fade bag, get quad shocks too and the dividers in the Tourney are kinda sucky (flimsy).

Fade Tourney, I dont know anyone who has had one fall apart or show any sign from wear and tear. They hold a perfect amount of discs and you can find them cheap

Carolina Team Bag. It'll cost you $180 with quads, but it'll last you. I bought 1 in Oct 2007, and since then it's been thru 500+ rounds it has only minimal wear. Bottom line is it'll cost you more upfront, but in the long run it will be cheaper than buying fade bags that'll last 2-4 years each.

One could theoretically get a new Fade bag every year if you just have your dog destroy it around month 11 of it's warranty.

I got a brand new Chimp bag, holds 14 in the main, two putters, and you can fit more in if you "HAD" to in the side pocket, or rain flap pocket. I got DGA gels just to go with it and it cost me right around 110 without shipping, all brand new. I've had it since Jan and it's already been in two Tourny and seen it's fair share of play. And, it's not once given me a problem.

Honestly liked it so much I got a used Squirrel Monkey(got it in today actually) and threw my extra Quad shocks on it for goofing off or playing short courses. Where I don't need the full shot selection my chimp(tourny) bag offers in extra disc. I'd have to agree that I can honestly see no need to upgrade in a very long time. They are made to last, and you don't have floppy dividers from Innova competition bag, both GB bags have internal structures, so they stand up nicely when you sit them down. I have one of them just to carry extra/field practice disc in. But, I'd never carry it to play with the GB's around. Total I have around $120 max in my Chimp, and $60 total in my Squirrel Monkey bag with used quads and used bag.

I know these aren't really the size you might be looking for, the Chimp is almost perfect and I don't see a reason you'd really need more space in it. And, as I said you can put a few more than 16 in it in extra pockets if you had to. But, this is mostly to show their quality.

Last edited:
fade gear competition. have had mine for about 8 months or so, accompanied by the phoenix quad shocks, and have been loving them. 90 bucks totall shipping and handling and all. great price, great buy

Another vote for the Fade Tourney bag. I use army surplus straps with mine. I think the bag was $40 and the straps were $10.

Latest posts