• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Disc Golf Nick Names

Poor video quality... So it's hard to tell which one is Crazy John, but all three of them are going crazy.
(I pretty sure John's in the black shirt)
DSCJNKY

Yup... your right. I thought that was Chipper Bell for some reason.
Chipper must be the guy in black...
Hudoklin in white?

DSCJNKY

Chuck...there are several other great MFA nicknames...

Tim 'Chico' Mackey
Chris 'Banger' Enstad
Tim 'Stickman' Kelley
I can't recall Bruce Novak's nickname.

There are a few others I can't recall from my days in Minnesota...

Here in South Carolina we have...

Ryan 'Ish' Ulmer
Zack 'Cuban' Rogers
Christina 'Cheeto' Savvakis
Mike 'Big Sexy' Martinez

We also have a family we refer to as the Clan. The Cunningham's family includes a dad and three of his sons that play. One of the sons is dating Sarah Stanhope so she is sometimes included when people reference the Cunningham Clan.

my friend that i play with calls people michael j fox when they Parkinson's (park) a drive

i was playing with a friend of mine named brandon who we affectionately call "beef" because he's a fat black man. beef parked a 400 foot down hill shot and someone said "beef's got parkinsons!" as he'd been nailing all the shorter holes up until that too.

he turned around and said with a totally straight face, "that's not cool, my grandpa died of that sh*t"

i chuckled, i wont lie

I played an unsanctioned tourney round with a guy everyone called Flava' (as in flavor). I honestly have no idea what his real name was. It even said Flava on the score card.

Chuck...there are several other great MFA nicknames...
I can't recall Bruce Novak's nickname.
"Mr. Big" or just "Big" Novak
Chris "Porterhouse"
Mike "Steak" Misakian
Bob "Thrasher" Siebel

"Mr. Big" or just "Big" Novak
Chris "Porterhouse"
Mike "Steak" Misakian
Bob "Thrasher" Siebel

Back in the summer of '92 we called Mike Misakian the Unified Team because of his Eastern Block heritage.

I'm not sure when I'll be in Minnesota this summer but I'll have to try and make a Sundog or some other league while I'm visiting. My first goal is to play Blue Ribbon Pines.

Best. Dan "Mountian Man" Sisk. One of our top Pro Masters in TN. 970+ rated. It doesn't matter if it's 10 degrees outside and almost dark. He's wearing shorts and Terminator style wraparound sunglasses. Every freakin time. You rock Mountian Man Dan.

Worst. "A-Bomb". I think the guy's name is Adam. Mid 40's, complete and total burnout. I'm not sure what he's bombing, but it ain't his drives. "A-Bong" would probably be a better call.

He's on the board here. We have a local Jeff that goes by "Captain Anhyzer"

I got called the "Disc Dog", after driving into a lake after a buddies disc, and then came out with three more at Dabney State Park in Troutdale, OR.:clap:

bayville has so many nicknames it's like they're all in the witness protection program...
my favorite of that bunch would have to be "roscoe chainblaster".

His real name was Chip Spinella. My favorite from those guys is Glen Henry aka Glenry aka the drunken master.

Stretch Beckworth recently told me that when he started playing everyone in Raleigh called me Hyzel or Hyzer. It used to piss him off that I got a shot named after myself.

best name EVER is a guy that plays in my area... his name is bryan macalees. or better known as SMACKINTREE'S. he even has shirts and hats that say SMACKINTREES on them.

I've played every Buffalo Ridge sunday Morning round since August of 2006. OK--I've missed 7 Sunday's in that time, so I got stuck w/......

some locals around here:

"stretch"
"crushinator"
"bags" (last name Bagnard)
"robo" (last name Ruvalcaba, so robo is certainly easier)

i'm trying to get buddies of mine to call me 'tripod' just for the sake of seeing the looks on other people faces.

then i explain to them that i like to take pictures of people during rounds.

Last edited:

Latest posts