• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Disc Golf Sunglasses????

234350331_2343257889156f39fcf427771b0219c76b63bfbe26207a41a.jpg

Oakley%20Fuel%20Cell%20Sunglasses%20Cheap%20grey%20Frame%20multicolor%20Lens%201149.jpg

I have to wear prescription glasses and these are what I have. Biggest thing is getting the Crizal coating. Anti scratch, fog, dust, water, glare and just about everything else.

Oakley polarized gas cans for courses with h2o, Oakley eye patches for other courses. They NEVER fall off
Living in Florida, having a good pair of shades is crucial.
Spend the $ and get a good pair that not only fits your head well, but also that fit your style well.

All you guys spending bank on Oakleys...I'm rocking a $30 pair from the Fossil outlet. Never fall off, but I'm not exactly bombing my throws out there, either.

I wear oakley half jacket xlj with aftermarket polarized lenses. Super light weight and great for most light conditions. They are more than your budget but if you take care of them they'll last years. I've had mine for over 5 years now.

All you guys spending bank on Oakleys...I'm rocking a $30 pair from the Fossil outlet. Never fall off, but I'm not exactly bombing my throws out there, either.

Like I said, I live in Florida, so it's worth it for me to have good sunglasses.

I bought the eye patch pair almost 6 years ago, got the gas cans 3 years ago....I've owned both for longer than I've been playing DG.

I've got no problem spending more on a item that I will use every day (sunglasses and shoes mainly) whereas its hard for me to spend $50+ on clothes.

Prescription glasses with Transition lenses. No need to worry about taking them off inside to not look like a douche, no need to worry about putting them on when you get into the sun.

Again, not cheap, but Costas are the best sunglasses I've ever worn. They fit well and will not fall off. They can also be worn doing anything: disc golf, fishing, golfing, driving, and just wearing around town.

This fellow knows what he's talking about. Costas are a great brand for any outdoor sports. They are, however, mostly marketed to people participating in water sports. They have a nice wrap and fit snug on the face so they shouldn't fall off.

Maui Jim is another company that makes GREAT sunglasses. Personally this is what I wear. The optics and clarity through these lenses is second to none. They can be very pricey though.

All in all though, as long as you wear something that has UV protection (which 99.9% of all lenses have) and is polarized you should be fine. The higher priced glasses just provide much more precise optics in the lenses, which provides better vision (whether they are prescription or not) and the frames tend to be much sturdier.

I work in the eye care field and I've worn and prescribed all sorts of lenses.

I wear a pair of Oakley Gascans. They never fall of and are great for golfing!

I played a few rounds with gascans and they kept falling off my face. Grant it, I am smaller than a lot of people who play, but they just never stayed on when I played. I am thinking of getting a pair of Oakley flak jackets as they seem like an ideal pair to play in. The Radar was also a possible for me, and it appears they both are great for playing :D

Loving the discussion!

Sunglasses are an absolute must when outside for me. When I was younger there were times I had to wear sunglasses inside because my eyes were so sensitive to light (I've still got the doctors note to prove this).

The more I read everyone's comments and think about how much use I get out of sunglasses the more I can justify the price. For a few years I bought dollar sunglasses but those things never stayed on and would scratch is a large spec of dust hit the lens.

Let's keep this discussion going!!

I wear Oakley GasCans for work (landscaping), and they never fall off (big head), but for casual wear and disc golf I wear my Spy Dirks. Both are great sunglasses in my opinion, just pricey.

Again, not cheap, but Costas are the best sunglasses I've ever worn. They fit well and will not fall off. They can also be worn doing anything: disc golf, fishing, golfing, driving, and just wearing around town.

After trying almost every major brand of sunglasses I switched to Costa del Mars a couple of years ago and will not be buying anything else. Their warranty is also awesome.Almost all my friends have converted from Oakley to Costa after wearing mine for 5 minutes..

And I only paid $4 for my favorite "safety" glasses. I get them from the local equipment rental shop. Wear those more than the Oakleys!

8648654955_1bfb2bc094_c.jpg

Funny I wear the same safety glasses when I play. They fit well and don't really effect my vision.

I also really like my pair of Tifosis, there a little more comfortable than the safety glasses.

I noticed this too, but I just cleaned the nose bridge with alcohol wipes and it removed the built up oil. Also do the same with the rubber grips and the arms of the glass'.
That should keep them from slipping off.

i coach softball and a lot of the players wear Easton sunglasses and they cost about $20 and they are shatter resistant and dont slip. they would be great for disc golf

AWallen90 said:
The issue I have had is the nose piece falls off and if I lose the nose piece a replacement is $25 which is ridiculous.]

So you've been wearing a pair of free Oakley's that currently cost a minimum of $120, and aren't happy that you are paying too much for replacement parts? Nose pieces are only 10 bucks.

http://www.oakley.com/products/2101/5686

Anywho, the best pair of sunglasses for disc golf are the ones that are comfortable and stay on your face well. I personally prefer a sunglass that has rubber nose pieces and ear pieces so that they stay on better when you sweat. I currently wear polarized Oakley Fast Jackets which have helped me numerous times finding discs in water. Ive also worn Flak Jackets and Radars too but just prefer my fast jackets. Sunglasses are one of those things that are extremely about preference. If you are wearing a pair that slips off your face, then you should think of getting them adjusted at your local glasses store. It's not very difficult and pretty easy to do yourself if you choose too.