• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Disc Golf Sunglasses????

I like goodr sunglasses for discgolf. They have a rubberized coating, so they stay on your face or hat. They're cheap at $25, polarized and have awesome colors. I tend to loose and break a lot of things, so expensive sunglasses aren't my jam.

As for the woods. I prefer to take my sunglasses off in the woods and put them on when I get in the sun. If you want to leave them on all the time I suggest something with an amber lenses. They tend to block out less light so you can still see when you're in the shade. I have the best luck finding amber lenses in fishing brands. Kast king or filthy anglers makes some decent cheap sunglasses, but I like my goodrs better.

ohh I may grab a pair of these for a back up.

I struggle with sunglasses. I cannot find a pair that stay on during drives and they make my face too hot and sweaty in the summer. I have lost a couple pair in the woods, putting them up on my hat and having a rando branch pick them off my hat.

I use very cheap white wayfarers that my wife got about 20 pairs of when her soccer club changed sponsors.

When I break and lose them there is little to no consequence, which is good since they fling off my head Matty O style about once a round.

If I had to buy any the Goodrs are nice, my wife wears those and for the price they are very nice. Try a few on though, only a few frames for people with bigger heads well.

I got sick of misplacing or breaking sunglasses, so a few years ago I bought a 5 or 10 pack of cheap wayfairer knockoffs on Amazon. Couldn't have been more than $2 each. Only have a pair or two left, so I'm due to reorder.

Between blue eyes and contact lenses, I think my eyes are more sensitive to bright light than most. It's rare you'll catch me outdoors without shades and they'll often be perched on my head long after sunset.

I got a pair Knockaround sunglasses at a tourney, and they're pretty nice. I looked them up online and they're like $30 retail, so not bad. On the recommendation of a friend I got some Goodr Sunglasses for about that much, and they're all right too. I try to take care of sunglasses but all the activity I do wears them out anyway, so cheapo (but not ultra-cheapo) ones are the way I go.

edit: Oh, Goodr's shipping is kind of slow if you order directly from their website.

I've been rocking a pair I picked up at Aldi for like $7 for awhile now. They do the trick. I was a big fan of shady rays for awhile, their lifetime replacement was awesome, but I don't think they are really worth the price of the first pair. They do replace them no questions asked at all which was cool. Just costs like $5 shipping.

I tend to lose or break sunglasses easily so I don't go for expensive ones. Right now I'm rocking a free pair that an Oskar Blues rep was giving away at the grocery store. I will say, I saw a pair of $30 National Park styled Goodr sunglasses at REI that I might spring for with my membership, but that's as high/fancy as I'll go. Whatever has dark enough lenses and looks good on my face is good for me.

Sorry for the repeat Costco plug, but they usually have a decent pair of "active wear" type sunglasses for $29.99. I did get a pair of decent Sketchers that fit well and I'll try for DG. More recently they have had a pair of Champion. Not big names, for sure, but probably better than some of the cheapies.

https://www.harborfreight.com/safet...-glasses/smoke-lens-safety-glasses-66822.html

image_16041.jpg

$2 at harbor freight.

Used to be extremely bad about leaving my sunglasses behind, so I stocked up on these.

They're nothing fancy, but they're comfortable and do their job.

When a pair starts getting pretty banged up, I toss them out and open one of the new pairs I've got stashed away.

Do those have a good ANSI rating? Have you tested them in the backyard against flying discs???

:D

https://www.harborfreight.com/safet...-glasses/smoke-lens-safety-glasses-66822.html

image_16041.jpg

$2 at harbor freight.

Used to be extremely bad about leaving my sunglasses behind, so I stocked up on these.

They're nothing fancy, but they're comfortable and do their job.

When a pair starts getting pretty banged up, I toss them out and open one of the new pairs I've got stashed away.

Why are throwing at people wearing sunglasses?

Its all about safety man. Discs are the highest velocity thing to hit you eyeballs. Protecting the eyes from nuts being thrown by squirrels is a serious danger that people don't talk enough about.

I really like these. They stay on, don't scratch easily, and I like the side shields.

Not cheap, but Ombraz don't have arms--they stay on your face by an adjustable loop. I bought them for fishing, but they work great for DG.

They store really flat (no arms to fold up) so they fit in your bag or a pocket easily, too.

331TECHNICAL-SPECS-copy_1000x.jpg