• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best One Liner Tips?

"Take that one line!"
(Wait, is that not the type of one liner you were referring to?)

No seriously, probably "Only think about the next throw" is the best advice for how to focus on what's important vs. getting in your own head about the last hole, or the next hole, or whatever.
:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:
I came here to say the same thing
"Only concentrate on the shot at hand"

I always try to have the most positive, upbeat attitude I can. I want to make my card more enjoyable. So, when I do get in my own head, I just hum "Don't Worry, Be Happy" by Bobby McFarrin.

^ explain

Someone else didn't tell me this but it's something I tend to follow - Throw the shot that first comes to mind. Sometimes I try to overthink the options and I usually get in trouble going to that that second or third option.

"Practice makes permanent", or "perfect practice makes perfect". Both say the same idea.

^ explain

Someone else didn't tell me this but it's something I tend to follow - Throw the shot that first comes to mind. Sometimes I try to overthink the options and I usually get in trouble going to that that second or third option.

When you miss your line on practice rounds, often players throw a second shot or putt and it goes perfect because there are no consequences. So throw your first instinct shot/line, but with the clear mind of the second shot.

here is a couple:

"only throw what you know you can - don't try something new" - don't play outide your game
"don't step in the box until you are ready to take care of business" - re: getting ready to putt
"trust your mechanics" - if you are missing left, don't try and correct too much you till start missing right

Choose the shot, commit to the shot, throw the shot.

(i.e. don't try to change the shot in your run up/back swing)

Focus on visualizing whatever it is your going for.

Catches mistakes before they happen, sharpens your aim.

See the line, hit the line.

The only thing in your mind should be the line you are about to hit. Especially putting. Stop thinking about what might happen if you miss.

Latest posts