• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best putter for windy conditions?

Conect11

Par Member
I know this has probably already been covered, so if it has please forgive me. I'm looking for people's opinions on good putters to use in a cross wind. I was recently playing in moderate wind in Hudson, Ohio when my putt was nearly blown off course. (actually flipped my putter!) If it weren't such a close shot it likely would have missed entirely. My current putters are a DX Aviar, DX Rhyno, and Omega Supersoft.

Thanks!

Some problems are best solved by learning a skill, rather than getting new equipment.

We get a new thread about windy putting every day. There are probably more threads about this than bag threads. In my many years of playing I really don't remember a span of time where it's been this windy. I've even developed a new wind putt just because of these conditions. Magnets are the best wind putters for me.

since you already have an Aviar maybe just one with a big bead..ie KC Pro, Yeti, etc... if looking for a new mold all together maybe Zone, VP something along those lines

dude you have a rhyno. if that doesnt work in the wind for you then its YOU and NOT the discs.

try putting a lil more spin on your putt and flatten it out for the wind. you should get better results.

Just get comfortable with one putter and stick with it, no matter the conditions. Develop a strong putting game and use windy days to get out and practice.

I've recently started using a kite for my 50 ft's, and really love it on windy days and will usually bring it in to about 20' when it is windy with a little flick of the wrist it flies nice and reliably into the chains.

Latest posts