• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Beware the Bad Towel

i will try and re-read later but was about to eat lunch and read about coffee and call of nature so had to end it there :eek:

Been there done that. Mine was the product of Greek restaurant lunch, ECU 2007ish at the Greenville monthly. I was saved by my good friend Scotty Faison. he had "Charmin to go" in his golf bag. A tiny roll of toilet paper in a blister pack. apparently made for camping. it saved my golf towel.

i will try and re-read later but was about to eat lunch and read about coffee and call of nature so had to end it there :eek:

Good Call.... But worth the read later on! This story is just begging for r/discgolf

Funny story. I would have just left the towel in the ditch with the unmentionables

Nicely composed and most enjoyable read....well, despite the topic. As an avid outdoorsman, such adventures can be challenging at best. Personally, I just had such an unfortunately timed adventure in upper Michigan. No alternative but to take care of buisness, three feet of snow, temp about 2 degrees, with wind chill approaching 30 below. The logistics were a nightmare, though I had TP. Thanks for sharing.

Many an outdoorsman has come home red-faced and with only one sock

I pick up bottles, cans, paper and plastic trash when on the course. But this story (and others like it) are why I NEVER pick up towels, shirts, socks, or other cloth items I come across when playing.

I made it to Indian food and I knew the plot. I think I would've left the towel behind. If you're a hunter you've had these experiences many times. This one is funny though because you popped a squat in a tournament. I've only had the pleasure of watching a buddy puke himself after farting in his cover-alls during a winter round after he drank beer all night and ate jalapeno sausages.

Funny article.

Makes it sound like nobody takes a crap outside. It happens all the time. I know I've done it.

I never touch any towels/clothes I see on the ground, much like I refuse to eat yellow snow. If I feel the need to clean it up because it is essentially trash on the course, I grab a stick and use it to take the towel or whatever to the nearest trash container.

I hope that this isn't foreshadowing for me and my tournament tomorrow... ;)

Latest posts